X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• groo_pcd
    replied
    Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

Yeah, same for me. The only problem I've had is that I'm unable to start any Vulkan demo programs because of some LLVM linking thing. I tried starting the Talos Principle in Vulkan mode and that crashed immediately.
    Could you try again with today (or yesterday) padoka git build? I messed up and was installing the radeon vulkan drivers in the wrong place, i fixed it this week.

Added: i also fixed the stable mesa build
    Last edited by groo_pcd; 04 January 2017, 09:13 PM. Reason: added stable mesa info

Leave a comment:

• lumks
    replied
    Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

Yeah, same for me. The only problem I've had is that I'm unable to start any Vulkan demo programs because of some LLVM linking thing. I tried starting the Talos Principle in Vulkan mode and that crashed immediately.
    Try Manjaro. They have a simple package for amdgpu support on GCN1.0 and up with working vulkan https://forum.manjaro.org/t/amdgpu-i...njaro/7890/472

Leave a comment:

• Passso
    replied
    That s a good job from AMD, long live to AMDGPU

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    So I forget - why is GCN1.1 not enabled in the kernel yet? Even though my 290 works fine on radeonsi, it seems to me that it is more stable on amdgpu.
    Because it didn't make sense to even start trying to change the default until we reached the point you just described.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    So I forget - why is GCN1.1 not enabled in the kernel yet? Even though my 290 works fine on radeonsi, it seems to me that it is more stable on amdgpu.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Originally posted by lumks View Post
    I'm also happy with my 290 on amdgpu only, for month already.

Leave a comment:

• LinuxID10T
    replied
    It partially ended up being a PTS problem. I removed and purged PTS and then it worked. And by worked I mean The Benchmark worked but the message still remained

Leave a comment:

• LinuxID10T
    replied
    Originally posted by FishPls View Post

Hmm? There should be no VAC for linux at all. Can you tell what the message says?
    For anyone who wants to see, here is a link. Same thing happens on all computers tested, this is not a one off.

Leave a comment:

• frosth
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    On article in whole, beside that Hawaii half-issue... it is boring
    Looks like pitcairn is in better shape then before. So it's no boring for pitcairn owners too

Leave a comment:

• FishPls
    replied
    Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    Michael How do you test with CS:GO? I try and I only get a message about VAC. How do I get the actual benchmark to work? Thanks in advance.
    Hmm? There should be no VAC for linux at all. Can you tell what the message says?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X