Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOW, new year and "edit" button is active

Comment

Marek really needs a team of people to help him get these RadeonSI fixes and performance improvements out more. I get the impression he is almost completely doing this by himself (minus community additions).

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
        Marek really needs a team of people to help him get these RadeonSI fixes and performance improvements out more. I get the impression he is almost completely doing this by himself (minus community additions).
        wrong impression. Alex Deucher, Christian König and Michael Dänzer (and others I forgot) are mentioned also often in articles here. They just do not make it into the headline cause Marek is treated like a popstar at phoronix (nothting wrong with that )
        Last edited by tomtomme; 04 January 2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Nicolai Haehnle has also been working on Mesa/LLVM for the last year or so...
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            As stated by tomtomme, Marek has help, but he stands out since he's so prolific and seems to get a lot of obscure (but necessary) things accomplished. To my recollection, he was a very valuable contributor before he was even paid by AMD. In my personal opinion, I would say he is more advanced and capable than the average software developer; that being said, I mean no offense to the other driver devs. In other words, the reason you think he needs help is just simply because he's so good at what he does that it seems like he can't keep up. I figure the other driver devs aren't really focused on what he focuses on. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I've found Marek has a knack to work on things nobody asked for, but, nobody knew they needed either.
            Last edited by schmidtbag; 04 January 2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              I figure the other driver devs aren't really focused on what he focuses on.
              This. AFAIK, zince the GL 4.5 he's been focusing on performance optimizations, one thing that I would like to know is that any of these patches are from low hanging fruit or not

Comment

Working...
              X