10-Way AMD GPU Comparison For Team Fortress 2 With RadeonSI Mesa 13.1-dev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
    So a 7950 performs almost at the same level as a R9 Fury? ugh...
    Any GPU that is fast enough to play up to the CPU limit will perform at roughly the same level. The 7950 isn't quite fast enough to reach that limit but 285, 470, 480 and Fury are.

The 460 / 260X difference might relate to not being able to use SDMA as much on newer parts due to colour compression, but not at all sure about that. TF2 seems like one of those games where transfer overhead is a non-trivial part of the total workload.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      The 460 / 260X difference might relate to not being able to use SDMA as much on newer parts due to colour compression, but not at all sure about that.
      I am sure RX 460 should be always faster than R7 260X, if benchamrk is not somewhat CPU limited then that should be similar/the same .

Not sure on this claim, but i would say it anyway... there is somewhat sense that 256bit cards or more are best optimized on mesa and Fury actually show even most GPU boost recently. While that RX 460 is somewhat left in the dark, sometimes even being slower than Bonaire Maybe something to do with DCC on P11 yeah.
      Last edited by dungeon; 17 December 2016, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Heck I'm happy even at 30FPS. I'm not picky at all =p

Comment

I guess the "only" 2 GB RAM might limit the RX 460 somewhat on higher resolutions.
          Even if the bottleneck on normal resolutions is likely the CPU, it's good to see that one can play with all modern cards and the freedom driver. Fluid and flawless. Nice!
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

rx 460 heavily underperforms
            why?

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
              So a 7950 performs almost at the same level as a R9 Fury? ugh...
              i think that this game is cpu limited, infact on fullhd, every gpu has almost same performance, instead on 4k (where the limit is gpu and not cpu) better gpu's has more fps

Comment

Any word on whether or not an on-disk shader cache is coming?
                Source games are a stutter storm for minutes at the start of a new round.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                  Remember that the 470 is overclocked
                  how does it help with cpu-bound workload?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Penguin View Post
                    Any word on whether or not an on-disk shader cache is coming?
                    it is coming

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
                      Heck I'm happy even at 30FPS. I'm not picky at all =p
                      With Source Engine games, 30 FPS feels more like 15 FPS. Your framerate needs to at least be ahead of the tick rate of the server.

Comment

Working...
                      X