Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gauge interest on HSA compute support (amdkfd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge interest on HSA compute support (amdkfd)

Hi,

I am working on dGPU support for amdkfd for my own special HSA stack I wrote in Haskell. The kernel driver does not get much love and so I am working on improving that.. My focus is machine learning using a purely open-source stack with my special HSA compiler I've made. Currently everyone in the machine learning circles are just using Nvidia/CUDA exclusively so I would be very interest to hear from anyone who is doing anything outside the norm or even is interested to reach outside CUDA.

I am curious to see/gauge what kind of community interest there is for amdkfd outside of the usual graphics folks who are interested in only amdgpu?

I made the IRC channel '#amdkfd' on freenode where I am sometimes around if you are interested to collaborate or just hang and voice interest.

Kind Regards,
    Edward.

Originally posted by funfunctor View Post
    The kernel driver does not get much love and so I am working on improving that.
    It should start getting a big pile of love in a week or two once we get through the current crop of new hardware bringup.
    Test signature

Comment

This is exactly what I'm working on, not limited to just machine learning, but a compute platform that uses AMD GPUs for HPC applications. I do agree with you and have been talking to AMD folks including bridgman that AMD needs to step up their openCL/compute game especially on the linux side. They are heading in the right track with the ROC platform, so hopefully well see a more dedicated support for AMD HPC.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

It should start getting a big pile of love in a week or two once we get through the current crop of new hardware bringup.
        Sorry but you been saying that same line for a year now. Just cut the marketing crap and just be honest. Your department does not have enough resources and management does not consider HSA the highest priority. Its fine if your honest so just be frank about it, and stop peddling the marketing with me!

Comment

Originally posted by jstefanop View Post
          This is exactly what I'm working on, not limited to just machine learning, but a compute platform that uses AMD GPUs for HPC applications. I do agree with you and have been talking to AMD folks including bridgman that AMD needs to step up their openCL/compute game especially on the linux side. They are heading in the right track with the ROC platform, so hopefully well see a more dedicated support for AMD HPC.
          Cool, I would be interested to hear about your work. I currently hang on '#amdkfd' on freenode if you wish to discuss it.

Comment

Working...
          X