No announcement yet.

Southern Islands Support Will Come To AMDGPU On Linux 4.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those CIK you randomly checking out, are actually supported not by one and not by two and for sure not by only three but likely with four drivers and there is always possibility that you can even write your own driver as specs are available

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      Where the heck is my post? It didn't even hit the moderation queue, it simply disappeared.
      Yeah, that happened to maybe half of my posts today as well. I have seen it a couple of times before this but today was really bad.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by pq1930562 View Post

I never said this is my hardware. I was merely asking if that APU would be supported by amdgpu, that's all.

Actually I do not own AMD hardware at the moment, for several reasons. Some of those reasons you can read about over there:

Phoronix: No, AMD Will Not Be Opening Up Its Firmware/Microcode This issue comes up every so often by people suggesting it or otherwise inquiring about it...

Ahhh. So, you are only trolling...

Comment

He is not trolling, he wants ATi like 10 years ago on Windows but all that now on Linux

With full proper adverts around, proper Ruby? Isn't it better to have Donald Duck on a cards

Comment

I can agree graphics cards recently became dull looking, even consumer cards now looks like professional

He probably like his favorite action hero to have on a card

Comment

I think it is better if you bump that info in a bug

Comment

Yes, I know it works with radeon.

But radeon is not the same as amdgpu.

For starters, radeon does not support Vulkan for example.
                Your argument is based on false premises.

VLIW hardware does not support Vulkan and never will. It's not a driver issue or something that drivers can fix. It's a hardware limitation. It's like saying that R700 should support GL4. It can't. Similarly, VLIW can't support Vulkan. The driver doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  He is not trolling, he wants ATi like 10 years ago on Windows but all that now on Linux

With full proper adverts around, proper Ruby? Isn't it better to have Donald Duck on a cards

Comment

When (approximately) are we going to expect working AMDGPU-PRO drivers for SI hardware (possibly with working graphics switching on an Opal Pro + Intel Broadwell combination)?

Comment

It is AMD now and only 2 letters are different, is that a problem?

Comment

Working...
                      X