Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    catalyst's opencl implementation will be opensourced
    Exactly my point. Once OpenGL gets open-sourced, I will not give a damn about Catalyst :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Amarildo View Post

Exactly my point. Once OpenCL gets open-sourced, I will not give a damn about Catalyst :P
      Oops, made a mistake there. Can't edit.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        are paid by you, while community developers are not
        Not my point, really. I was referring to their knowledge of how things work. However, I no longer think it's that easy for them to identify the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          In most cases we have the cards somewhere in AMD, and remote access between developer systems is already very common...
          Nono I meant you let (registered) developers from outside your team get access to cards so they can develop/debug.

Comment

• Ahh, now I understand, thanks.

Agree that would be useful... we had just recently been discussing that for compute, but I guess it could extend to graphics as well.
            Test signature

Comment

• Great, video works but no mouse pointer. Can I expect someone to post a patch here (as I think I've seen before) or there's no such fix yet? I can't scroll through all the pages without a mouse heheeh

Comment

• So I went till page 8 and I've seen bridgman saying he thinks "agd5f" has fixed the issue on drm-next-4.9-amdgpu-si. For me it didn't, I just cloned and compiled it, and the mouse works but without a cursor. And this mouse is a good old Logitech MX310 from 2003 IIRC (but think that's not the issue, it's clearly only a visuals thing).

Another thing is, I encrypt a big LVM partition with LUKS, and inside this partition there are numerous logical volumes, one of them is my "/" partition. I must type my password before booting. My old Itautec keyboard from 1994 freezes at that point, where I must type the password. I then brought my newer cheap keyboard just to do that task, because after typing and entering the password the keyboard (1994) magically unfreezes and I can resume work with it.

I'm using:

The "drm-next-4.9-amdgpu-si" Kernel from "agd5f";
                "xf86-video-amdgpu-si" from mareko (merged using rsync with upstream regular xf86-video-amdgpu);
                Mesa-git, then I merge the "amdgpu-si" branch of Mesa from Mareko (merge with rsync again);
                libdrm from mareko;
                LLVM-SVN

Comment

• AFAIK the cursor fix was already pushed. Are you running from Alex's drm-next-4.9-si branch ?

Test signature

Comment

• So I went till page 8 and I've seen bridgman saying he thinks "agd5f" has fixed the issue on drm-next-4.9-amdgpu-si. For me it didn't, I just cloned and compiled it, and the mouse works but without a cursor. And this mouse is a good old Logitech MX310 from 2003 IIRC (but think that's not the issue, it's clearly only a visuals thing).

Another thing is, I encrypt a big LVM partition with LUKS, and inside this partition there are numerous logical volumes, one of them is my "/" partition. I must type my password before booting. My old Itautec keyboard from 1994 freezes at that point, where I must type the password. I then brought my newer cheap keyboard just to do that task, because after typing and entering the password the keyboard (1994) magically unfreezes and I can resume work with it.

I'm using:

The "drm-next-4.9-amdgpu-si" Kernel from "agd5f";
                    "xf86-video-amdgpu-si" from mareko (merged using rsync with upstream regular xf86-video-amdgpu);
                    Mesa-git, then I merge the "amdgpu-si" branch of Mesa from Mareko (merge with rsync again);
                    libdrm from mareko;
                    LLVM-SVN (4.0)

Comment

• Damn I keep geting unapproved.

Yes, I'm running agd5f's branch.

Comment

Working...
                      X