• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juno View Post

There is no release schedule but work is being done. Watch phoronix news
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

Isn't it sufficient that it is possible to extract the contents of the .deb files?
      I already tried for Fedora, XOrg fails to start and the display starts freaking out. Using kernel 4.7 or the DKMS module doesn't seem to make a difference. YMMV, I've heard arch users having semi success with it.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
        Amdgpu-pro 16.30.3-315407 isn't compatible with Life Is Strange (or vice versa).
        What is the problem?

I guess it is not about this turtle won't start or something:

I have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 BIt and it doesn't start - also does not display any error message. ːsbangryː
        Last edited by dungeon; 04 August 2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven3x7 View Post
          bridgman Any news on when distribution agnostic packaging will be available?
          As times goes i am less and less thinking there will ever be one.
          The open source driver (amdgpu) will be the one for ordinary users and the amdgpu-pro is for workstations and maybe AMD is only going to support a few distributions with it.
          Distributions might be able to package the amdgpu-pro for their distribution but i am not sure amd will support other distributions, that said i think that a more generic way of installing would be great as amdgpu-pro might be a better choice for users of a dated distribution that's not getting any updates accept security updates.
          I am not sure if AMD has decided how AMDGPU-PRO is supposed to be packaged or if it will be a more generic way of installing it yet.

Comment

No news yet, everyone is still focused on finishing the driver first.
            Test signature

Comment

I guess that would be once Radeon WX passes “Art of the Impossible” certification on Ubuntu and RHEL

Comment

what about carrizo support?
                i've testet amdgpu-pro some days ago, but il worse than normal amdgpu opensource driver..
                temperature are higher, performance are lower and power cosnume is higher.
                i hope that the official stable release will be better also for carrizo APU, because some gog games are playable only with proprietary driver, if i use opensource driver the game crash immediatly

Comment

Originally posted by Dea1993 View Post
                  what about carrizo support?
                  i've testet amdgpu-pro some days ago, but il worse than normal amdgpu opensource driver..
                  Well according to official supported devices listed, APUs are not listed as supported

Even on Windows APUs are now in sort of at least 2+ driver releases per year scheme, so it is different then for cards driver releases.
                  Last edited by dungeon; 05 August 2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have this bug when running Vulkan application:
                    ERROR: [Swapchain] Code 11 : vkCreateSwapchainKHR() called with a non-supported pCreateInfo->imageArrayLayers (i.e. 1). Minimum value is 1, maximum value is 0.
                    ?
                    I've installed this driver on Ubuntu 16.04. Tested with stock Ubuntu's kernel (4.4), then without dkms package on the 4.7 compiled with CIK support (as I have R7 260X). bridgman?

Comment

Originally posted by faldzip View Post
                      Does anyone have this bug when running Vulkan application:
                      ERROR: [Swapchain] Code 11 : vkCreateSwapchainKHR() called with a non-supported pCreateInfo->imageArrayLayers (i.e. 1). Minimum value is 1, maximum value is 0.
                      ?
                      I've installed this driver on Ubuntu 16.04. Tested with stock Ubuntu's kernel (4.4), then without dkms package on the 4.7 compiled with CIK support (as I have R7 260X). bridgman?
                      I remember having the same bug with my CIK Kabini Hardware. Didn't investigate it further since i get more Vulkan bugs than just this one. Which Vulkan application do you run to get this error?

Comment

Working...
                      X