Steam Client Stable vs. Beta Tests With Vulkan On AMDGPU-PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Did he ever have a Fury X? I thought he just bought the non-X because it was cheaper and he didn't get any free samples.
    You might be right.
    For some reason I thought the fury==390X
    I didn't realize that the fury is fury X with some disabled (or maybe damaged) CUs.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
      I didn't realize that the fury is fury X with some disabled (or maybe damaged) CUs.
      Disabled CUs, slower clocks, and air vs water cooling system so clock delta vs Fury X increases under heaviest load.

If you look at more recent DX12 and Vulkan benchmarks where the API isn't getting in the way you can see Fury X starting to pull away from Fury a bit more than in the past:

Last edited by bridgman; 12 June 2016, 09:20 AM.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Disabled CUs, slower clocks, and air vs water cooling system so clock delta vs Fury X increases under heaviest load.

If you look at more recent DX12 and Vulkan benchmarks where the API isn't getting in the way you can see Fury X starting to pull away from Fury a bit more than in the past:

Of course. I wasn't attempting to list all of the differences but only to point out my error, and to show that the fury is nearly identical to the fury x. My concern was, mainly, how the "recent" drm changes have impacted fiji with hbm.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Eh i did not follow anything linux related nor phoronix for couple months... so, it seems GCN 1.1 seems supported now with amdgpu? Pro, pro variant i mean... but it is beta wip, ah OK

edit: and fglrx is abandonware, latest is 15.12?... i didn't missed anything it seems
          dungeon, it's good to have You back!

Where have You been all this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

If only I had more subscribers/non-ad-blockers to justify such testing... I don't keep any Windows installs around on any routine basis.
            I heard you can actually install Windows10 on a external USB drive and run it off that, even create hardware profiles to allow hotswapping. Probably requires some hackery or something, I didn't read much into it, just know it can be done.

Comment

Working...
            X