X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenFireFly
    replied
    Hello DebianXfce,

Well is it not that the ati opensource driver is missing that shader extension?

BTW: I look at the article and the guy was complaining about video not playing properly but i don't have any issue playing videos on Radeon X550 or HD 4250 on icewm and compton. I would have asumme that the problem he was having may be to do with compiz or a bug with ubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• GreenFireFly
    replied
    Hello DebianXfce,

Try that but, that does not seem to do anything.

Leave a comment:

• GreenFireFly
    replied
    Hello DebianXfce,

I see this error in the terminal when using radeon x550 with POPSOT, HaloCE and Metal Gear Solid 2. On the Radeon HD 4250 it only shows up with Metal Gear Solid 2.

err:winediag:shader_generate_glsl_declarations The hardware does not support enough uniform components to run this shader, it may not render correctly.

Leave a comment:

• GreenFireFly
    replied
    Hello DebianXfce,

I'll try and do that once i get a chance. Going to be busy for a few hours.

Leave a comment:

• GreenFireFly
    replied
    Hello DebianXfce,

Yeah i know this card is not that great of a card but for Prince of Persia SOT it should not just show a black screen.

For Prince of Persia SOT Trilogy minimum requirements
    1.0 ghz Amd Athlon or Pentium 1.0 ghz
    256 memory
    5.45 harddisc space
    DirectX 9.0c video card with 64mb of video ram

Leave a comment:

• GreenFireFly
    replied
    Hello DebianXfce,

I know those tips but thanks anyways. For the games i play on my nvidia geforce 430 GT the nouveau driver is running at full speed and i don't see a reason to install the proprietary driver. Unfornuately i have other system with radeon X550 and radeon HD 4250 which the games don't work at all with the ati opensource driver which i thought would have had better performance than the nouveau driver. I guess there is something wrong with the ati opensource driver and was hoping to bringing the issue to light so that it my be fixed.
    Last edited by GreenFireFly; 14 May 2016, 02:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenFireFly
    replied
    Hello Bridgman,

I mean using the nouveau driver on nvidia geforce 430GT the games work fine.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenFireFly View Post
    I thought the amd open source driver would have been better than the nouveau driver but those game play fine on nvdia. Is there something i'm missing?
    Just checking, when you say "nvidia" do you mean the Nouveau driver or the NVidia driver ?

Leave a comment:

• GreenFireFly
    started a topic Question about X550 and hd4250

Question about X550 and hd4250

Hello Everyone,

I tried playing Prince of Persia SOT, Warrior Within, Two Thrones and Halo Combat Evolve on wine and the graphic do not show up properly. I thought the amd open source driver would have been better than the nouveau driver but those game play fine on nvdia. Is there something i'm missing?

I tried the games with an radeaon X550 and HD4250. I also tried other games on wine and they did work but usually they were slower on ati cards.
Working...
X