No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Is A Letdown On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need OpenGL 4 for Steam, and the open source driver will never support GL4 on 6670... AMD has made a new Nvidia customer.

Comment

Originally posted by F1esDgSdUTYpm0iy View Post
      Much like, for some reason or another, AMD's driver is plagued by mouse cursor corruption
      I think that mouse cursor corruption is advertised as fixed in this 15.11 driver. Does that happen again for you?

Posting from Windows now, i am really impresed with Radeon Software UI speed... from slowest Catalyst UI became fastest on market right now
      Last edited by dungeon; 24 November 2015, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        ugh stop feeding the troll!

Back to the topic at hand - I'd suggest waiting for the official release, not this alpha/beta release. There's hardly a performance difference on Windows either. I'm pretty sure this software is nothing more than just a transition.
        This doesn't make sense. AMD has released slides with exact numbers for alleged performance increases. They can't have exact numbers for anything that doesn't yet exist when it comes to drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          I think that mouse cursor corruption is advertised as fixed in this 15.11 driver. Does that happen again for you?
          Over the past few years, I've seen them advertise the mouse corruption as fixed more than a few times already and so far, I've actually yet to see it truly being fixed. True enough, less and less applications and situations provoke the phenomenon but, 100% fixed? Not quite.
          Last edited by F1esDgSdUTYpm0iy; 24 November 2015, 10:26 PM. Reason: Typo fixed

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
            This doesn't make sense. AMD has released slides with exact numbers for alleged performance increases. They can't have exact numbers for anything that doesn't yet exist when it comes to drivers.
            You do realize they have the right to withhold the drivers they actually intend to release, right? Just because we the users don't have access to them it doesn't mean the performance claims they made don't exist. This driver update is suspiciously plain, for both Windows and Linux. This isn't considered the official release and to my knowledge there is no way to navigate to the Crimson drivers from AMD's website (for either Windows or linux).

Comment

Are you kidding me? After months, all they did was slap a new version number on catalyst. Nothing more. Not even a UI update. I don't think it supports xorg1.18. Which is ridiculous, because my brother who has a GTX780 has been running xorg1.18 for weeks now. They are loosing me. I thought that maybe they'd care just a little bit about this driver release.

AMD...AMD never changes.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                You do realize they have the right to withhold the drivers they actually intend to release, right? Just because we the users don't have access to them it doesn't mean the performance claims they made don't exist. This driver update is suspiciously plain, for both Windows and Linux. This isn't considered the official release and to my knowledge there is no way to navigate to the Crimson drivers from AMD's website (for either Windows or linux).
                Then your knowledge is flawed, you can easily navigate to the Crimson drivers on AMD's website. And it still doesn't make sense to release drivers and slides about alleged performance increase in the same timeframe without stating that the slides are not for the currently released drivers. Well, only a company with bad marketing/PR departments would do that, so in case of AMD you actually may even be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by brandonp View Post
                  AMD...AMD never changes.

Comment

Originally posted by F1esDgSdUTYpm0iy View Post
                    Over the past few years, I've seen them advertise the mouse corruption as fixed more than a few times already and so far, I've actually yet to see it truly being fixed. True enough, less and less applications and situations provoke the phenomenon but, 100% fixed? Not quite.
                    Does that mean you can reproduce it with 15.11? Someone complained for year+ on amd forums and now commented how it is fixed for him

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
                      At the end of day it come to the fact they are making fucking CUDA translators to help to "migrate" from cuda. Making C++17 a common denominator which everyone would target, an open standard, and without giving a slightest fuck about AMD or NVidia or Intel and their internals.
                      Fixed that for you.
                      Last edited by bridgman; 24 November 2015, 11:35 PM.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X