No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 15.10 Is Coming This Week & AMD's Catalyst Chokes On Its Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RadeonSI is so cool that I don't even bother about fglrx. HD5770+Ubuntu 15.04+kernel 3.19+Mesa 10.5.9 here. I hope Ubuntu 15.10 don't mess my ETS2, is running well @1440x900 and Medium/High settings.

(said earlier that it can also run Bioshock Infinite at good settings, but that was at the time I played that and it indeed needs fglrx).
    Last edited by MVinhas; 22 October 2015, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Debian fglrx packages are missing for example amdpcsdb.default file so it unusable like it has been several years.
      Where is the bug about missing amdpcsdb.default file? Better fill a bug instead of trolling.

Comment

See your /etc/ati dir. Of course you have it like you have Kaveri (without graphics card) working with debian fglrx;-)
        See my /etc/dick and Fuck Off.
        Last edited by dungeon; 24 October 2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Did a bit of research and actually seems like i'm not using radeonsi but radeon only. Afaik, radeonsi is used on Southern Islands and newer cards. Does my card support OpenGL 4.1 with Mesa 11.0?

I know this is not the right topic, but since I was here...

Comment

Guess that "3.3/4.x" means full OpenGL 3.3 compliance and some 4.x features.

Comment

Your card uses the radeon kernel driver, the radeon x driver, and the r600 Gallium3D driver aka r600g (mesa/src/gallium/drivers/r600).

IIRC 3.3/4.x means that the chip is capable of 4.x but current support is at 3.3. If you check mesamatrix.net you will see that all of the 4.1 features are finished but one 4.0 feature is still being worked on (tesselation shader) so the highest "complete" OpenGL level is 3.3:

Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan and OpenCL drivers implementations into an easy to read HTML page.
              Test signature

Comment

Thank you, well explained

Comment

According to the most recent posts in the bugzilla entry on CCHTML for this bug:

Someone was able to get the latest proprietary drivers working on the 4.2 kernel by downgrading gcc

Comment

Working...
                  X