AMD's Catalyst 15.9 Now Available For Linux Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Jep, my wife runs custom 4.3 kernel with debian stretch and nouveau drivers on ancient intel dualcore nvidia 8400 system. It is no wonder that new kernel stuff works with ancient hardware.
    Well that Kabini is not ancient it is GCN 1.1 and hardware is released last year, it is just cheap low power APU which i like because i run it totaly silent - no vents

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819113364

I have made a custom 4.3 kernel for him, but he is not interested. It is easy to make 750ti work with kernel 4.3.
    If he is not interested, why do you want to use 4.3 kernel now... and why 4.3 why not 4.4 you can use 4.4 prerc even now with opensource drivers right away Once i used radeon opesource drivers i run mostly wip agd5f branches like this:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/l...m-next-4.4-wip
    Last edited by dungeon; 10 October 2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Wakeup, let us continue this shit talk after you have installed debian testing, kernel 4.2 and debian fglrx to your Kaveri system and show us that it works.
      Awaken It works, but only you are testing user here... i value stable systems which i have with Debian Stable, but i also value "give me right away no wait" approach which i have with Debian Sid... Why should i wait for something which might be maybe... broken?

If you have a problem with fglrx on testing you should say what is the problem there, isn't it . For me on stable and unstable there is no problem with fglrx, with various AMD hardware, but yeah they are all GCN 1.1.

Wakeup and lets us continue once you use normal debian kernels and fglrx package, not custom one fglrx installer and custom kernels on whose well... who knows what YOU broke
      Last edited by dungeon; 10 October 2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1493888
        " FGLRX incompatible with kernel 4.2

"
        Why you point Ubuntu bug, when U use another distro? Their kernel might not work, but Debian kernel works here... It is even suggestion for them, that issue might not be exclusively really about Catalyst - because it works here in Debian with 4.2 kernel

And found something interesting now, last post in this bug:

That is exactly same Kabini hardware I have, same APU, same board, same latest bios... and what happens, 4.2 kernel has issue with fglrx In Ubuntu it is not something else? So exact same hardware driver does not work on Ubuntu, but for me in Debian it works
        Last edited by dungeon; 10 October 2015, 10:50 AM.

Comment

But not in the Kaveri system;-)
          It work on Kaveri, Kabini and Bonaire - on any AMD hardware i have and with Debian and Catalyst i don't have those issues

If that was not many times explained already

Comment

Please do not continue, you make yourself look stupid more and more.
            I what is your goal here, other then make other look stupid? You run custom kernels and catalyst installers exclusively and complain how Debian kernels are not kernels and how Catalyst packaged in Debian is not Catalyst

On Debian stable i didn't tried 4.2 kernels, because those are not available yet in backports... while fglrx with kernel 3.16 and 4.1 function fine.

I really please be more on matter, so point out to some bug about Debian Catalyst and 4.2 kernel problem
            Last edited by dungeon; 10 October 2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Note that you have not even inspected the source code of catalyst or kernel, just had good luck with ONE slow cheap cpu with debian packages.
              Kaveri, Kabini and Bonaire are not one cheap CPU, my saucy boy But two CPUs and three GPUs

Comment

You, I and others have not catalyst working in kernel 4.2 and Kaveri and some other amd hardware. Please stop name calling, it is against netetiquette.
                You don't believe me that it works here on 4.2 kernel, it is your problem but also your right

OK let me fired up one MCCaps1 profile and run Xonotic phoronix benchmark on this Kabini to prove it

I stop here and try to remove my acoount, this is not my place like it was not in debian.org.
                You can open bug on Debian bugzilla, with exact problem you have and provide enough info - it will be first one where debian's 4.2 kernel is a problem with packaged fglrx - otherwise Zero.
                Last edited by dungeon; 10 October 2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

one more time: really works in kernel 4.2 and Kaveri? ;-)
                  So you don't want a proof for Kabini? There is no second time, nor any other... my soucy boy

Comment

He started several days ago like this:
                    Yes i started like that some days ago, but still you won't describe your exact problem ... Maybe you should use Ubuntu's Saucy Salamander because you seems to like to to be saucy

My point is that i I don't have those bugs with fglrx on any debian kernels with any AMD hardware i have, also i don't see any bug on Debian bugzilla about fglrx and kernel 4.2 problem

So only you talks about some problem which you have on Debian, but with custom kernels and catalyst installers... and no one beside you even dunno yet what you exactly trying to do there You only point out to some other bugs, from some other distros, etc...
                    Last edited by dungeon; 10 October 2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

And continues while not having fglrx working with kernel 4.2 and Kaveri that he owns . His Kabini is slow, slow timings helps in driver initialisation, hence we other have SMP and a like errors. But debian fglrx does not init ok with kernel 4.2 due to GPL licensing problem in tblstate.
                      Open a bug, whatever that is on Debian bugzilla... call it exactly like that and describe there once for all what you are trying to do there.

Comment

Working...
                      X