No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 15.7 Linux Benchmarks: R9 290 Hawaii & R9 285 Tonga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use LIbreOffice on A10-7850K with open drivers every day. Have you always had problems with LibreOffice and open drivers or are they recent ?
    Test signature

Comment

If I remember correctly LibreOffice doesn't work with open drivers since I updated OS to Gnome Ubuntu 15.04. I tried also oibaf's PPA, but it didn't help. On the other forums more users report the same issue, but it looks like just a Gnome DM is affected.

Comment

Did you wipe the settings in ~/.config ?

Comment

Yes, this bug is easy to reproduce because it appears even in Gnome Ubuntu 15.04 LiveCD mode (official x64 image).

Comment

OK, thanks. I have a 15.04 system at the office, will try that when I get in.
            Test signature

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                There is no "cat" in my example and there would be no diff for Intel. It only works with enabled profiles and fglrx. Learn reading! Hint: # as root, $ as user!
                Yeah, i mistyped that. The cp was unneccessary, so I was trying to write an invariant transform, but failed.
                Regardless, that's a bit of a rude response, especially since it changes exactly nothing as far as a helpful response from you is concerned.
                So, you do actually know why redirecting glxinfo and a copy of /usr/bin/glxinfo results in a non-null diff, and, why the ATI/AMD diff is important?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only see 1920x1080 benchmarks linked in this article. Isn't 1080p pretty much the domain of gaming consoles these days? I can't imagine spending $1000 on a nice gaming PC and skimping out on a cheesy 1920x1080 screen today.

Comment

@liam

Every OpenGL app that has no special profile will see the old "ATI" vendor, call that backwards compatibility. It was just the most simple way to demonstrate active CAP. It is logical that those commands will not show any diff on any other driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      @liam

Every OpenGL app that has no special profile will see the old "ATI" vendor, call that backwards compatibility. It was just the most simple way to demonstrate active CAP. It is logical that those commands will not show any diff on any other driver.
                      I didn't know that, that's why it didn't make any sense to me.
                      Thanks for the explanation!

Comment

Working...
                      X