X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not by the time I hit "submit"...
    Test signature

Comment

Well, hopefully AMD would make a better quarter if they manage to produce enough of these beasts. I wonder how reliable this complicated multi-die assembly happens to be and if it makes yeld worse. Yet, 4096 bit bus... he-he, nobody else can do it here and now - EPIC WIN. And while HBM is not as fast as one can imagine looking on bus width, it beats existing solutions, haves a room for improvement and competitors can't beat it here and now. I can only compare this achievement to x86-64, where AMD changed whole CPU market, finally bringing us cheap 64-bit computations (yeah, Intel, your Itanium is cool ... but I really do not need $1000+ CPU 99.9% of time - regardless of what you mumble in your marketing bullshit, excessive price is a showstopper). Now AMD would probably change whole market of discrete GPUs - high-end GPUs now would turn to "modules".

On side note... wouldn't it work to make also high-speed APUs using similar tech? Once you can put many dies on same interposer, wouldn't it work to place decent HBM memory near APU coming with reasonably strong GPU? Finally showing Intel how to make stuff similar to iris right (and at right price ofc, as AMD usually does).

Comment

Working...
      X