X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by CrystalCowboy View Post
    It would be great if someone could nudge the Fedora distrubutors to push this out into the Fedora 8 updates soon. I installed some HD 3470 cards the other day and am waiting for something better than vesa to run on them.
    You'll need to get David Airlie to do that.

Leave a comment:

• CrystalCowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: RadeonHD Driver Introduces Major Changes

...The AMD Radeon HD 3400 and 3600 series are now supported and there are a number of other significant changes.
    It would be great if someone could nudge the Fedora distrubutors to push this out into the Fedora 8 updates soon. I installed some HD 3470 cards the other day and am waiting for something better than vesa to run on them.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    ? Xv is functional already in radeon, up to the R500 level. Was that supposed to be "inside radeonhd"?
    D'oh !! (slaps forehead)

Post #5 fixed.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    ? Xv is functional already in radeon, up to the R500 level. Was that supposed to be "inside radeonhd"?
    That is Correct.

Leave a comment:

• CrystalCowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    - allows existing acceleration code, including Xv, to be ported and made functional inside radeon

Leave a comment:

• izual
    replied
    thx! great!

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Just that we are working on them and that nothing has gone wrong yet

Leave a comment:

• izual
    replied
    Any news about R6xx 3D documents?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Yep. Next priority is adding DRI support to radeonhd, which does two things :

- allows 3d development to be done with radeonhd rather than just with radeon
    - allows existing acceleration code, including Xv, to be ported and made functional inside radeonhd
    Last edited by bridgman; 13 March 2008, 04:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Uchikoma
    replied
    Originally posted by sundown View Post
    This is because they are doing the 3d stuff, hehe

But I so want XV :'(

Come on people! I have got to migrate soon!!! (talking about OS)
    But some 3D needs to be done before Xv can happen haha..so in a way, they are working on Xv. ^^

It's nice to see changes happen though. I monitor the git rss feed and the radeonhd irc channel daily and it was getting disheartening. Haha...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X