Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 14.12 Linux Driver Released -- Huge Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
    There are still games that only work with Zsnes. For compatibility it is still king.
    Look at Higan.

Comment

Any idea why I'm getting this error while installing on Fedora 21? I assumed Fedora 21 was supported out-of-box by 14.12.

Code:
      Supported adapter detected.
      Check if system has the tools required for installation.
      Uninstalling any previously installed drivers.
      Unloading radeon module...
      rmmod: ERROR: Module radeon is in use
      Unloading drm module...
      rmmod: ERROR: Module drm is in use by: ttm drm_kms_helper radeon
      [Message] Kernel Module : Trying to install a precompiled kernel module.
      [Message] Kernel Module : Precompiled kernel module version mismatched.
      [Message] Kernel Module : Found kernel module build environment, generating kernel module now.
      AMD kernel module generator version 2.1
      doing Makefile based build for kernel 2.6.x and higher
      rm -rf *.c *.h *.o *.ko *.a .??* *.symvers
      make -C /lib/modules/3.17.4-301.fc21.x86_64/build SUBDIRS=/usr/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x modules
      make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/kernels/3.17.4-301.fc21.x86_64'
        CC [M]  /usr/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o
      /usr/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:6396:12: warning: �KCL_fpu_save_init� defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
       static int KCL_fpu_save_init(struct task_struct *tsk)
                  ^
        CC [M]  /usr/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.o
      /usr/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.c: In function �KCL_ACPI_Slot_No_Hotplug�:
      /usr/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.c:845:21: error: �struct acpi_device_flags� has no member named �no_hotplug�
                tdev->flags.no_hotplug = true;
                           ^
      scripts/Makefile.build:257: recipe for target '/usr/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.o' failed
      make[2]: *** [/usr/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.o] Error 1
      Makefile:1373: recipe for target '_module_/usr/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x' failed
      make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x] Error 2
      make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/kernels/3.17.4-301.fc21.x86_64'
      Makefile:88: recipe for target 'kmod_build' failed
      make: *** [kmod_build] Error 2
      build failed with return value 2
      [Error] Kernel Module : Failed to compile kernel module - please consult readme.
      [Reboot] Kernel Module : dracut

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
        Any idea why I'm getting this error while installing on Fedora 21? I assumed Fedora 21 was supported out-of-box by 14.12.
        Looks like it's a known issue. Here's a patch if anyone else is experiencing the issue: https://github.com/kolasa/fglrx-core...b9d1488bf8ebb7

Comment

Welp, not only does Catalyst not play nice with GDM, it also has issues with GNOME 3.14 making Catalyst unusable on GNOME. Yay.
          I guess I'll just wait for xserver to get fixed, though I have a feeling that might take a couple months or more since it's already been a couple with no sign of a fix landing any time soon.

First and last time trying Catalyst on Linux. Didn't think it was in such a sorry state at the moment.

Comment

Dissappointed at AMD

Disappointed. Does not fix anything on my side. I have a trinity APU. Most of the games like L4D2, TF2, CSS heavily lag on input making them unplayable even when I have 40+ FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by swoorup View Post
              Disappointed. Does not fix anything on my side. I have a trinity APU. Most of the games like L4D2, TF2, CSS heavily lag on input making them unplayable even when I have 40+ FPS.

exactly the same

Comment

I have got the same experience everytime i try L4D2 with my HD 5670. If you don't intend to buy a gfx card in the highest price segment which might work as well I would go for Nvidia. Even a midrage Nvidia GTX 650 Ti can run lots of games fine, maybe it could be a tiny bit faster for some.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
                  You don't get it do you? You have to integrate the closed source development model, not tell them to go fuck themselves with their closed source stuff. That is not the attitude if you want market share.
                  Closed-source applications? Sure. Closed-source drivers? No, thanks. At least not in the kernel.

Comment

Borderlands 2 still runs like crap - even at low res and turning off all graphic features - on my
                    configuration: Phenom II 940, HD 7950. Works like a charm on Win7 on the same system.

Not sure if it is really AMD's fault. Aspyr didn't give any details about the issues
                    they have with AMD configurations, unfortunately.

Comment

Hello there! First time I m posting to phoronix! Is there anyone with hybrid graphics that managed to get this driver working? I have a 6770m with the intel hd 3000 and I have never been able to start the X. The same goes with this omega release....Even with vi0l0's repos. Really dissapointed once more!

Comment

Working...
                      X