What to expect for 8.01 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiscados View Post
    I expect all the software on the standard Ubuntu installation to be Free.
    fglrx is free.... you don't have to pay to have it....

Comment

Did someone mention free beer ?

Last edited by bridgman; 15 January 2008, 06:24 PM.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Did someone mention free beer ?

Heh... Where's the party starting, then? >:-)

If it's all going to be free, pour me a tall, tall glass of Arrogant Bastard Ale...

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          If it's all going to be free, pour me a tall, tall glass of Arrogant Bastard Ale...
          I prefer a nice, dark Pretentious Asshole Lager.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
            I prefer a nice, dark Pretentious Asshole Lager.
            Riight... You think you're being funny...

Arrogant Bastard Ale is actually a brand name for one of the better microbrews in the US. I was actually being honest when I said what I said.

Comment

Riight... You think you're being funny...
              Believe it or not, I realized yours was an actual beer and mine was not. I was doing a bit of social commentary on the various types of jerks one might find on the interweb. I guess I failed.

Comment

Arrogant Bastard Ale is actually a brand name for one of the better microbrews in the US. I was actually being honest when I said what I said.

++ for Arrogant Bastard Ale, but let's not get this thread off topic with our favorite brews
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  ++ for Arrogant Bastard Ale, but let's not get this thread off topic with our favorite brews
                  it was bound to happen at some point, the day ATI linux users would resort to alcohol to forget about fglrx.. enough of these babies make aiglx appear smoother..

oh well

(oh and uh ++ for dark pretentious brews)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Not a problem Michael. I was just chiming in with a bit of fun banter and ended up having to nail someone's foot to the floor for "making social commentary" at my expense.

To DanL: You might want to try your hand at something else. You just simply ended up making yourself look like one of those jerks you were "commenting" on.

Comment

And to get this back on topic:

I expect them to fix a few minor things because of a distinct lack of sufficient resources to handle going through and auditing the code based off of Valgrind reports and Oprofile tuning reports- which is what they're needing to do.

What I hope they'll do is fix the Rialto and the X200M issues. What will happen remains to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X