X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drSeehas
    replied
    Hd 7850 & r9 270x

Why is there a difference between HD 7850 and R9 270X?
    The HD 7850 often benefit from the new kernel, the R9 270X does not.
    Very strange!
    It is the same chip (Pitcairn/Cura?ao), only different number of shaders and different clock speeds.
    Any idea?

P.S.: Why does this forum software change the header (uppercase to lowercase)?
    Last edited by drSeehas; 25 August 2014, 04:08 AM. Reason: header

Leave a comment:

• Creak
    replied
    Hi guys!

Well, a lot of fixes got in these past two days thanks to some awesome fellow that offered pull requests!
    That might explain why the intel driver is more accurate now, tomtomme

For the extension implementation, AFAIK the extension must be first implemented in mesa, then (if necessary, which is in most cases) it has to be implemented for all the drivers.
    For instance, the swrast driver is a software driver, no GPU acceleration here. So, for this driver, all the code has to be written entirely for each extension.
    For the other drivers like i965, nvc0 or r600, the idea is to plug the mesa extension into the right function in the GPU's API (that's why it was a releaf when ATI opened up their specs).

That's what I understand of all this. It makes sense to me, but I might be wrong

Edit:
    Oh and don't worry, my host won't get down any time soon. I have it for more than 10 years now, and I don't plan to get it down!
    Anyway, the code is open source, so anyone can execute the script anywhere
    Last edited by Creak; 25 August 2014, 01:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Originally posted by Isedonde View Post
    Just three GL 4 features (out of 25) are missing for the i965 driver,
    I swear, when I looked yesterday, most of the bars for i965 were red...

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by Creak View Post
    Hi there!

I made a PHP script that tries to display the OpenGL compliance of Mesa across the different drivers:

It's on GPLv3.
    It's not perfect yet, so if you see some bugs, feel free to tell me (github would be the best for that: https://github.com/MightyCreak/mesamatrix)

Cheers!
    GL_ARB_get_program_binary DONE (0 binary formats)
    is being displayed as done for mesa, not done for all hardware. It should probably be done for all - even though it's taking advantage of the spec that just says it can do nothing.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    I think those are change, so how vbo is handled:

So revert second patch to bring back older behavior or play with the values like in bug https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=82050

Not sure it will stay like that because there is stutter in some apps, for example in Unigine Valley .

Other way around (6950 excluded) hardware now play more in line with expectation
    Last edited by dungeon; 23 August 2014, 06:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Isedonde
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    I thought we were pretty close to openGL 4.0 for intel, but it looks like this is only true for mesa but not for the real intel driver or the other drivers.
    Just three GL 4 features (out of 25) are missing for the i965 driver, so that's pretty close AFAICT. Of course, tessellation might not be very easy to implement, so even though that is only 1 feature it might be more work than all the other features combined, I don't know.

@Creak: Very well done ? This is much easier to read than the GL3.txt. I was actually thinking about doing the same, but was too lazy to do it. :-) Thanks! I know there's some other matrix view, but that was very outdated last time I checked. So please keep that script on your host (or try to convince mesa about adding this to their web site if you can't host it for the foreseeable future :-) ).

@Topic: As a 6870 owner, this makes me sad. I hope someone with spare computing time and a 6870 can bisect this.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Hi there!

I made a PHP script that tries to display the OpenGL compliance of Mesa across the different drivers:

It's on GPLv3.
    It's not perfect yet, so if you see some bugs, feel free to tell me (github would be the best for that: https://github.com/MightyCreak/mesamatrix)

Cheers!
    Can you explain the matrix a bit more?
    I thought we were pretty close to openGL 4.0 for intel, but it looks like this is only true for mesa but not for the real intel driver or the other drivers. Does every mesa feature have to be implemented in extra in every driver? how much work is this?

Leave a comment:

• My8th
    replied
    Hi there!

It's on GPLv3.

Cheers!
    Well done, much easier view showing how well Mesa is doing.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    @Michael: does this make sense? At 20 august your benchmark of r270x showed improvements for. On kernel3.17 everywhere. Those are completely gone now... Did something change in your setup or in the kernel since then?

Leave a comment:

• Creak
    replied
    Mesa vs OpenGL matrix

Hi there!

Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan and OpenCL drivers implementations into an easy to read HTML page.

It's on GPLv3.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Creak; 28 May 2015, 12:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X