Clear All

• curaga
    replied
    Here's hoping Michael will bisect the 6870 after a week of pleading

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    As an owner of a HD5750, looks like I'll have dodged a bullet there. I'd rather there be no performance change at all than a regression. It's too bad though, I was hoping for an improvement.

I believe a 5750 and a 6750 are identical in hardware. The 6870 is different I believe. BTW, don't throw away those old Radeons just cause it's considered old. They're very comparable to modern SI cards.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    As an owner of a HD5750, looks like I'll have dodged a bullet there. I'd rather there be no performance change at all than a regression. It's too bad though, I was hoping for an improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Radeon Graphics Yield Mixed Results With Linux 3.17 Kernel

Phoronix: Radeon Graphics Yield Mixed Results With Linux 3.17 Kernel

Earlier this week I ran the article about open-source Radeon graphics having some improvements with Linux 3.17 but after further testing of a range of AMD GPUs spanning multiple generations, for not all hardware are AMD graphics cards faster with this experimental kernel. In this article are benchmarks of the Linux 3.17 kernel with Mesa 10.3-devel showing the winners and losers from the Radeon HD 5000 series through the latest Radeon Rx 200 series graphics cards.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X