This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
    i've heard from my informers that 8.42 will support these new innovative features:
    1. opengl 7. unfortunately opengl 7 is based on a totally new layer and it's totally not compatible with older opengl releases.
    2. aiglx2+. unfortunately compiz and beryl have decided to move to another project called xxaiglx which is now incompatible with aiglx2 and its predecessors aiglx.
    3. kernel sources 3.0.0. as all users know the kernel 3.0.0 has decided to remove dri and so the driver will run only in vesa mode.
    4. the driver will have a new control center in which the users will be able to set up everyting except from this features:
    a. enable 3d acceleration which will curently be disabled by default since xorg is not curently supporting opengl7
    b. set up a screen resolution that is not 800x600@16bits.

obviously there will be no 2d support since it is nowadays deprecated.
    Are you joking? You make it sound like nothing will be compatible with anything and the whole thing won't work. Lol. I hope either you are joking or I'm misunderstanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackDanielz View Post
      I agree with you, I just feel that its time for ATI to put up or shut up. If they don't come through as promised in October I will be switching despite the annoyance and extra cost.
      Well, I really wish I could do the same thing, but mine is a laptop...

Comment

• Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
        i've heard from my informers that 8.42 will support these new innovative features:
        1. opengl 7. unfortunately opengl 7 is based on a totally new layer and it's totally not compatible with older opengl releases.
        2. aiglx2+. unfortunately compiz and beryl have decided to move to another project called xxaiglx which is now incompatible with aiglx2 and its predecessors aiglx.
        3. kernel sources 3.0.0. as all users know the kernel 3.0.0 has decided to remove dri and so the driver will run only in vesa mode.
        4. the driver will have a new control center in which the users will be able to set up everyting except from this features:
        a. enable 3d acceleration which will curently be disabled by default since xorg is not curently supporting opengl7
        b. set up a screen resolution that is not 800x600@16bits.

obviously there will be no 2d support since it is nowadays deprecated.
        I'll say this IS the most innovative post in this thread...lol
        How about call this system atinux...

Comment

• Are We There Yet?
          Are We There Yet?
          Are We There Yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by fatfatwolf View Post
            Heh... I feel for you. I had to have a $1100 coffee to get that problem fixed...

I managed to fix the laptop, but I gifted my mom with the thing after I had bought a new one, needing to have WORKING OpenGL support that performed decently enough- something that AMD's parts with the current driver situation (even NOW...) can say. Now, in a couple of days, that might change- but I'm not holding my breath, I like the color blue, just not on ME.

Comment

I'll say this IS the most innovative post in this thread...lol
              How about call this system atinux...
              Heh... That and your post almost belongs in the "Name the Next fglrx Release" thread... >:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Monkey_King View Post
                Are We There Yet?
                Are We There Yet?
                Are We There Yet?
                No.
                No.
                No.

:P

Comment

I have a desktop with an x800 and a laptop with an x1600... I'll just sell the laptop off on e-bay and use the proceeds to buy a new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackDanielz View Post
                    I have a desktop with an x800 and a laptop with an x1600... I'll just sell the laptop off on e-bay and use the proceeds to buy a new one.
                    I would wait until 8.42 before doing that. IF 8.42 does work well, then you might as well keep it, if not.. well then you do what you gotta do haha.

Comment

• Are you joking? You make it sound like nothing will be compatible with anything and the whole thing won't work. Lol. I hope either you are joking or I'm misunderstanding.
                      i'm sure joking. that was a thing that got out late before going to bed... i felt that the tension was too high while waiting for this new driver so i thought that mine would have been a funny way to release this tension a bit. i hope it worked.
                      obviously i'm looking about 15 times a day to phoronix and ati to see if the driver is out yet.
                      it's the first time that i've been waiting for a thing in this mood.

Comment

Working...
                      X