X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like in order of importance:

1) 2D performance like windows xp.
    2) AIGLX
    3) Xmame fps like the new open source driver (53/53 fps) in opengl mode. Currently the fps with fglrx and opengl mode is 36/53.
    4) No stupid bugs like ati control panel not working on some distro and like google earth not working without changing the libGL file.

Comment

• 2D performance is actually not so bad on my laptop...3D is.

and AIGLX...
      Ever since the rumor about 8.42 would support AIGLX, I removed XGL and start waiting... God I miss that cute desktop sooooooooo much...

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
        What item(s) are you looking forward most to in this release?
        Suspend/Hibernate working again on my Laptop.

Driver still working when I upgrade to Fedora 8 or Kernel 2.6.23.

xv working again with my Mobility X1400. They can even bring back the small green band that appeared at the top of most movies, as long as the rest is running OK... OpenGL mode is just not that good, it flickers a bit. And the flickering is even more annoying under 8.41 than with 8.40. Don't know why.

Well, having AIGLX would really be nice, even nicer if including it doesn't break anything in the process, but the points above have higher priority for me right now. Having regretted my decision to buy ATI for 10 months now, my hopes are singing "de profundis" - but well, maybe they'll fix at least ONE of those...

Comment

• Originally posted by fatfatwolf View Post
          and AIGLX...
          Ever since the rumor about 8.42 would support AIGLX, I removed XGL and start waiting... God I miss that cute desktop sooooooooo much...
          It's not a rumor, it's a Phoronix fact.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Hi everyone.

I shouldn't talk about it but I'll say it anyway : We (at ATI) are going to provide the best fglrx drivers ever for Linux with EVERYTHING fixed and AIGLX perfectly working.

I'll probably get fired after telling you this because of my NDA with ATI, sorry, AMD, but here it is : get prepared for these amazing new drivers !

Comment

• Okay...
              More like a miracle...

...and I don't see how any part of that statement would violate an NDA. You're not really telling us anything. -_-

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                It's not a rumor, it's a Phoronix fact.
                Sorry, I just forgot to add double quotes around the word...

Comment

• An infinite number of monkeys with infinite available time will produce working driver too... I wonder whether ATI/AMD or the monkeys will be faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredo View Post
                    Hi everyone.

I shouldn't talk about it but I'll say it anyway : We (at ATI) are going to provide the best fglrx drivers ever for Linux with EVERYTHING fixed and AIGLX perfectly working.

I'll probably get fired after telling you this because of my NDA with ATI, sorry, AMD, but here it is : get prepared for these amazing new drivers !
                    Is it true... EVERYTHING?

OMG, I just heard my heart beating faster...

Comment

• Is it true... EVERYTHING?

OMG, I just heard my heart beating faster...
                      Unfortunately, I think you're getting worked up over nothing. Better to set expectations low and get better than what you expected -_-

[isboredatwork]

Comment

Working...
                      X