Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    Maybe the monkey are just not clever enough - or too few.

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    It would be much nicer when fglrx devs would look at public forums
    Instead of working on bugs that already reported? Remember, resources is limited and time is resource too.

Leave a comment:

• ArtKun
    replied
    Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    Anyone knows if it works OK with Trinity APUs ?

I'm on the verge of building my 1st non-Intel rig , a kinda of "gaming HTPC" with a A10-5700 or A10-5800K and i'm wondering if i regret it....

TIA,
    AJSB
    I have A8-3870K (Llano), and I can say Catalyst improved a lot since 12.4 when I bought it. With 12.4, suspend didn't work and I had random kernel panics. Now I'm using 12.10, and it works just fine. Performance in GNOME 3 is not very good, but KDE runs just perfectly smooth with all the effects. Haven't tried 12.12 yet, and remember, Trinity are much faster than Llano.

Leave a comment:

• PsynoKhi0
    replied
    Originally posted by Bullet500 View Post
    Dunno but haven't faced any of 1 to 4. Earlier I was on Catalyst 12.4. Now on Catalyst 12.10. Team Fortress 2 also runs fine.

WINE doesn't count anyway.
    Welcome to the Phoronix forums, remember not to feed the trolls ;-)

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Anyone knows if it works OK with Trinity APUs ?

I'm on the verge of building my 1st non-Intel rig , a kinda of "gaming HTPC" with a A10-5700 or A10-5800K and i'm wondering if i regret it....

TIA,
    AJSB

Leave a comment:

• Bullet500
    replied
    Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
    AMD Catalyst in one single post:

1) you're lucky if you are able to install the driver and make it actually work after first reboot
    2) you don't suffer a kernel panic within 1 day without doing anything special
    3) you don't have issues with WINE
    4) you don't suffer a freeze while watching some bullshit videos with VLC or whatever
    5) get the list continued..
    Dunno but haven't faced any of 1 to 4. Earlier I was on Catalyst 12.4. Now on Catalyst 12.10. Team Fortress 2 also runs fine.

WINE doesn't count anyway.

Leave a comment:

• chronniff
    replied
    anyone else having catalyst say that its version 12.9 after installing? I tried the old trick of stopping x and deleting /etc/ati/amdpcsdb and then restarting X, but that didn't work. Tried installing it again, that didn't work either. Its weird since before this I was on 12.11 beta and before that I was on 12.10

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    It would be much nicer when fglrx devs would look at public forums to get bug reports instead of ignoring everything written on the net that does not have got a bug ticket in their own system.

Leave a comment:

• bulletxt
    replied
    AMD Catalyst in one single post:

1) you're lucky if you are able to install the driver and make it actually work after first reboot
    2) you don't suffer a kernel panic within 1 day without doing anything special
    3) you don't have issues with WINE
    4) you don't suffer a freeze while watching some bullshit videos with VLC or whatever
    5) get the list continued..

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    I wondering why Michael doesn't mention new AMD forum for bugreports by Steam users: http://devgurus.amd.com/community/steam-linux.
    Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer; 12 December 2012, 07:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X