Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    From the version that driver must be similar to 12.11 beta (initial). When you want to reset the /etc/ati/amdpcsdb you should stop the dm and then:
    Code:
    rmmod fglrx
    This is a simple test if it was really stopped as sometimes it just hangs - then deleting does not work.

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by benmoran View Post
    It's pretty short. The FM2 socket uses the same OEM heatsink as the old AM2/AM3 sockets. There are two OEM heatsinks that are popular - one plain aluminum, and one with copper heatpipes. The a10-5800k comes with the smaller plain aluminum heatsink. I can take a ruler to it later if you can't find out online, but it's really small.

My FM2 setup is currently in a Silverstone FT-03 mini case. My old Phenom II x2, which used the same heatsink, was in a Silverstone SG05. There is plenty of clearance in both cases.
    I really appreciate that you measure the stock heatsink....i tried a lot to find the info online but didn't find it

The only info that i found was about the one with heatpipes, but if even the 100W 5800K comes with the plain alu one, that's the one i need to know...

TIA,
    AJSB
    Last edited by AJSB; 14 December 2012, 04:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• benmoran
    replied
    Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    Can you help me select a case ?
    I need to know how tall is the top of the stock cooler in relation to the MB surface...

TIA,
    AJSB
    It's pretty short. The FM2 socket uses the same OEM heatsink as the old AM2/AM3 sockets. There are two OEM heatsinks that are popular - one plain aluminum, and one with copper heatpipes. The a10-5800k comes with the smaller plain aluminum heatsink. I can take a ruler to it later if you can't find out online, but it's really small.

My FM2 setup is currently in a Silverstone FT-03 mini case. My old Phenom II x2, which used the same heatsink, was in a Silverstone SG05. There is plenty of clearance in both cases.

Leave a comment:

• fritsch
    replied
    12.9 was wrongly written in their amdpcsdb.default. You can write in whatever you want (when xserver is stopped) :-)

btw. check the module version via dmesg and compare to 12.11b11 you will find that it is one month _older_

Leave a comment:

• chronniff
    replied
    Originally posted by legluondunet View Post
    Same bug for me, but this new official AMD drivers version is working better for me than the last beta.
    its working about the same as the last beta for me, so I'm not complaining, can't be upset with latest catalyst releases...I never thought I would say that

Leave a comment:

• legluondunet
    replied
    Originally posted by chronniff View Post
    anyone else having catalyst say that its version 12.9 after installing? I tried the old trick of stopping x and deleting /etc/ati/amdpcsdb and then restarting X, but that didn't work. Tried installing it again, that didn't work either. Its weird since before this I was on 12.11 beta and before that I was on 12.10
    Same bug for me, but this new official AMD drivers version is working better for me than the last beta.

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by benmoran View Post
    I just got an a10-5800k (trinity) myself. I haven't yet tested 12.12, but I can tell you that 12.11-beta 11 works great. Gnome Shell is nice and smooth, and it performs as expected in games. That's a good place to start if 12.12 doesn't work.

Can you help me select a case ?
    I need to know how tall is the top of the stock cooler in relation to the MB surface...

TIA,
    AJSB

Leave a comment:

• bobwya
    replied
    AMD released the Catalyst 12.12 Linux graphics driver for those who are lucky enough to have a 5xxx series card or newer and are still reliant upon their binary blob for Radeon/FirePro graphics card support.

Fixed it for you...

Leave a comment:

• benmoran
    replied
    Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    Anyone knows if it works OK with Trinity APUs ?

I'm on the verge of building my 1st non-Intel rig , a kinda of "gaming HTPC" with a A10-5700 or A10-5800K and i'm wondering if i regret it....

TIA,
    AJSB
    I just got an a10-5800k (trinity) myself. I haven't yet tested 12.12, but I can tell you that 12.11-beta 11 works great. Gnome Shell is nice and smooth, and it performs as expected in games. That's a good place to start if 12.12 doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    May you please tell us name of at least one GPU vendor, who continuously searching for bugreports about proprietary driver on Internet forums?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X