X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by benmoran View Post
    I actually own that same MSI board. I chose it due to the built in wifi and bluetooth. Maybe you should start a new thread for the a10-5800k. I't would be interesting to compare OpenBenchmarking.org results for people who own this chip. I've got a few benchmarks myself to share.
    What RAM are you using with it and au what speed is it running with and w/o OC APU ?

TIA,
    AJSB

Leave a comment:

• benmoran
    replied
    I actually own that same MSI board. I chose it due to the built in wifi and bluetooth. Maybe you should start a new thread for the a10-5800k. I't would be interesting to compare OpenBenchmarking.org results for people who own this chip. I've got a few benchmarks myself to share.

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Well after several messages exchanged in their forums it seems that after all MSI supports disabling secureboot in the MoBo and also selection of max shared memory...it seems that it's simply things that are missing from user manual, so, it's all good

MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 : My next rig motherboard

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    PS: OK, after reading both MoBo manuals it seems that...

ASROCK allows us to select the max of shared memory and to enable/DISABLE SECUREBOOT.

ASROCK also allow us to setup more UC/OC settings like CPU voltages,etc.

MSI doesn't allow us to adjust CPU voltage.

MSI doesn't have any reference about adjust or value of maximum video shared memory or if it uses SECUREBOOT or not (it should because they say it Windows 8 Ready) or how about to disable it.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    Seems like anything of HD 4xxx and below are really dead and buried.

Totally no drivers from AMD for any recent operating system version.

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    I need once again your help in one thing !
    I was thinking that only could buy the ASROCK MoBo but this weekend, here , finally there is a store not only with the ASROCK but also with the MSI mITX MoBo.

I'm a bit undecided (well, i already have a favorite but want to check out your opinion)...

MSI FM2-A75IA-E53
    1. WiFi
    2. BlueTooth
    3. PS/2 connector for keyboard AND mouse

ASROCK FM2A75M-ITX
    1. Max. shared memory 2GB
    2. A bunch of 555x stuff that i have no clue if apply any of it to Linux.

MSI only costs 4 more EUROs, i have no clue about amount of max shared memory of MSI.

What is the track record of these companies in relation with Linux ?
    Track record of (generic) BIOS updates ?
    How about overall quality of the MoBo ?

Some strong points about ASROCK that i don't know ?

I heard that MSI BIOS/hardware is specially good for lower power drain , is that true or a urban myth ?

TIA,
    AJSB

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Thanks for the measures !

I already decided the case and majority of details

Leave a comment:

• benmoran
    replied
    Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    I really appreciate that you measure the stock heatsink....i tried a lot to find the info online but didn't find it

The only info that i found was about the one with heatpipes, but if even the 100W 5800K comes with the plain alu one, that's the one i need to know...

TIA,
    AJSB
    OK, just measured it. From the motherboard to the top of the fan, it's about 58mm. Of course you'll need a little space above that for airflow.

On another note, I just tested out the 12.12 release, and it seems the same or slightly worse than 12.11 beta 11. Somebody mentioned that it might be the same or older code, but I haven't had time to look into it more.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    I don't have got the problem, i use my gfxdetect code, whenever it detects a gfx card change the amdpcsdb is deleted. I can "force" a change as well - all the cool things are for kanotix

Leave a comment:

• fritsch
    replied
    @Kano:

The version is reset to what is in amdpcsdb.default and here the new driver writes: 12.9 - so this won't work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X