Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 8.38.6 Display Driver Released -- The Least To Report On Driver In Two Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicolas
    replied
    Resource(s) ?

=P

Leave a comment:

• Raven3x7
    replied
    At least there seems to be no new bugs. Im just hoping they are pouring all their resources into the orca codebase and not that their resources are so limited that they can barely keep up with bugfixes and kernel/xorg changes

Leave a comment:

• khakhovich
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolas View Post
    I used to have the same problem... Just download the driver from this url (for Windows, of course): http://www.ati.com/online/mobilecatalyst/.

Works fine for me for a long time now...

I hope it works for you.
    Thanks for your reply, i was aiming to prove that it's not the *linux only* problem when it comes to ati.
    I have a driver 8.293.1 under windows... but since they claim to release drivers every month.... i'm a few months behind
    and a simple task just does not cut it.

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas
    replied
    Originally posted by khakhovich View Post
    Sorry fellas, i'm having period i guess today )
    Just now, on my laptop booted to windows xp pro, went to ati site, find drivers, choose os, choose my card, latest driver says - we are sorry your system is not compatible with this release. Please contact your laptop vendor.

WHAT? WTF??? are they off their nut??

This is a bottom line - ati seem to be going down hill very fast.
    I used to have the same problem... Just download the driver from this url (for Windows, of course): http://www.ati.com/online/mobilecatalyst/.

Works fine for me for a long time now...

I hope it works for you.

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    The comments from the feedback page are read, but not by the people who really should be reading them.

They will not be posting any roadmap. [adblock]
    i bet the feedback goes through PR team first.

so that "your drivers suck!" translates "thank you for the wonderful drivers. there are however certain issues that need to be resolved, before i can full enjoy ati/amd experience on my computer"

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Just now, on my laptop booted to windows xp pro, went to ati site, find drivers, choose os, choose my card, latest driver says - we are sorry your system is not compatible with this release. Please contact your laptop vendor.

With Windows XP you are supposed to get the Catalyst driver for Mobility Radeon from their respective vendors. However, I know there is some utility out there for Windows so you can run the mainstream driver with your Mobility Radeon. I think it might be available from DriverHeaven.net.

For Linux, you can use the mainstream driver fine with the Mobility Radeon chips.

Leave a comment:

• khakhovich
    replied

Leave a comment:

• khakhovich
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    The comments from the feedback page are read, but not by the people who really should be reading them.

They will not be posting any roadmap. Your best bet is for the information I am able to pass along at Phoronix
    hahaha.... yeah wrong people read them - what a surprise !? this is very common to big companies

and i think my est bet would have been getting my Lenovo with Intel graphics or nvidia... eh well.

let's hope for another best bet - reading this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Does ANYONE read at ATI the comments that users fill on their site in the Linux Crew Feedback?
    I get a feeling they all go directly to /dev/null.

It makes me sad that i have to downgrade to previous OS cause i can't use drivers. It makes me sad that i feel like a kid waiting a f****ing Christmas hoping to get bike and getting a ruler instead.

again... can they post a freaking RoadMap for the linux drivers? this way if i see that fglrx coming in 3 months and FC7 support in 5 months - i will sleep much better and will move on to the next things waiting with patience till the date on calendar.

Otherwise - it's really upsetting

PS. and no, i will not tolerate installing FC7 and downgrade only xorg, i would rather install FC6 back till better days.

They will not be posting any roadmap. Your best bet is for the information I am able to pass along at Phoronix

Leave a comment:

• khakhovich
    replied
    Does ANYONE read at ATI the comments that users fill on their site in the Linux Crew Feedback?
    I get a feeling they all go directly to /dev/null.

It makes me sad that i have to downgrade to previous OS cause i can't use drivers. It makes me sad that i feel like a kid waiting a f****ing Christmas hoping to get bike and getting a ruler instead.

again... can they post a freaking RoadMap for the linux drivers? this way if i see that fglrx coming in 3 months and FC7 support in 5 months - i will sleep much better and will move on to the next things waiting with patience till the date on calendar.

Otherwise - it's really upsetting

PS. and no, i will not tolerate installing FC7 and downgrade only xorg, i would rather install FC6 back till better days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X