Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is AMD Open-Sourcing Something Next Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I don't know how to respond to this. Are you suggesting a conspiracy, or just that "we work on stuff until it is ready to release then we release it, which might be on a Tuesday or on any other day" ? If the latter, I agree.
    I read it as, "We'll hold it back on Tuesday just to prove Q wrong". Not that I believe it.

Comment

ucode and more documentation?

Well, as far as I'm into the driver code, we miss, even with the code, some little things. For instance, the memory controller/arbiter doc, the host data path doc, the crossfire compositor doc, some code acronyms are unknown, and some details about programming the engines (but more from a setup point of view).
      There is also the ucode specifications. Do we have the new set of instructions for cayman architecture? Indeed, it changed from VLIW 5 to VLIW 4, this is massive.

But all this requires a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by sylware View Post
        There is also the ucode specifications. Do we have the new set of instructions for cayman architecture? Indeed, it changed from VLIW 5 to VLIW 4, this is massive.
        Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

... has a link to the shader programming guide for Cayman, which covers the VLIW-4 core.

EDIT - hold on, looks like the developer web site was updated and some docs moved. New location is at :

... or just go to developer.amd.com, navigate to the APP SDK, then click on "documentation"...
        Last edited by bridgman; 02 June 2011, 09:02 AM.
        Test signature

Comment

Working...
        X