HDMI resize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI resize

A couple of questions - the easy one first! (I'll post the tricky one separately!)

Computer: Acer Aspire One 721
    Gfx: Radeon 4200 (RS880)
    Driver: Catalyst 11.5
    System: Slackware63 13.37
    Kernel: 2.6.38.6

Under windows, connecting the laptop to my computer via HDMI produces a black border around the screen. However, there is a slider available in the control panel that enables this border to be reduced to zero.

Under Linux, there is also a similar border, but I can't find a slider! How do I get it to go full screen?

Cheers,

--
    Pete

For 1920x1080 use this:

Code:
    aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp3,positionX:0
    aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp3,positionY:0
    aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp3,sizeX:1920
    aticonfig --set-dispattrib=dfp3,sizeY:1080
    instead of dfp3, you can try:
    Code:
    crt1
                crt2
                lvds
                tv
                cv
                tmds1
                tmds2
                tmds2i
                dfp3
                dfp4
                dfp5
                dfp6
    this is the most stupid preset i have ever seen. Why does the driver use underscan on HDMI output !?!?

Comment

Originally posted by julakali View Post
      this is the most stupid preset i have ever seen. Why does the driver use underscan on HDMI output !?!?
      My question precisely!

It does it in Windoze as well, but at least there you *do* have a control to adjust it - even if it is well hidden!

Thanks for the tips! I'm just about to shoot off to work, but will try this when I get the chance! Is it possible to include these set-ups in the xorg.conf file somewhere, so that you don't have to keep setting it manually?

--
      Pete

Comment

I haven't seen such a setting in xorg.conf yet.
        I'm using an autostart script that executes the 4 commands.
        Bad Thing: switching between VTs re-activates the default 10% underscan setting

Comment

Catalyst Control Center => Display Manager => Select display => Adjustments tab

See screenshot:

Comment

Er, yes - but as I explained in my original post, that's for windows! That menu and slider don't exist in the Linux version - at least, not on mine....!

Comment

It exists on Linux too, i just don't understand why it is used by default. Even when you use oss drivers with kms it looks that the consoles are scaled - the ddx somehow disables the scaling. Usually ati looks at what nvidia does - but on this issue they prefer to do the opposite...

Comment

That screenshot is from Linux. I'm on Debian

Comment

Most likely he themed his win box to look like kde4

Comment

RemcoL: What version of the Catalyst drivers are you running? And is it 32 or 64 bit?

I'm running 11.5 x86_64 on Slackware 64, and have a default install. My desktop is KDE4.

My control panel doesn't show any of the options that you have. When I highlight the external display, it only shows details of what is connected and the resolution it is running at, with no options to change anything! There are no tabbed windows, as you have.

How did you get it to show those options?

--
                    Pete

Comment

Working...
                    X