No announcement yet.

Open-Source AMD Fusion E-350 Support Takes A Dive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The driver should be able to sort out the native and supported modes of the attached displays by itself without needing to force anything.

Comment

Which driver you mean? The new linux kernel? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shak View Post
        Which driver you mean? The new linux kernel? Thanks.
        Yes, the the driver in the kernel. IIRC Brazos support landed in 2.6.39.

Comment

Thanks a lot mate! You guys really helped me with the questions. I'm going for 3.0 since it's released.. it's compiling now, hope it REALLY works.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
            Yes, the the driver in the kernel. IIRC Brazos support landed in 2.6.39.
            Sorry but i need to ask.. Since I'm installing from my thumbdrive because my netbook has no CD drive, is it possible to upgrade the kernel to 3.0 in my thumbdrive first, then only install it into my netbook? Because i can't boot into BT using my netbook anyway.

Oh and my BT in my thumbdrive is persistent.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shak View Post
              Sorry but i need to ask.. Since I'm installing from my thumbdrive because my netbook has no CD drive, is it possible to upgrade the kernel to 3.0 in my thumbdrive first, then only install it into my netbook? Because i can't boot into BT using my netbook anyway.

Oh and my BT in my thumbdrive is persistent.

Thanks!
              What do you mean with "BT"? I guess one can upgrade the kernel, but would be difficult. What distribution you are going to install? Some of the distributions have "Safe Graphics Mode", so you can try this first. Just try with the installation, and then come back here, if you need some more help.

PS: I am myself buying ThinkPad x120e with Zicate E-350 next month, or so.

Comment

OH by BT i meant Backtrack, it's a penetration testing OS/tool, based on Ubuntu Lucid LTS. Kernel 2.6.38 . The kernel was loaded before the 2.6.39 that had the Brazos support, that is why i would want to update the kernel first, then only install into my netbook.

Comment

Well, I'm trying to compile a 3.0.1 kernel on a E350 box, on my Slackware 13.37, and I actually have the exact same issue than Michael in the original article. Except that I have compiled in the kernel the PALM_me.bin and PALM_pfp.bin firmware. :-(
                  Is there any other firmware that must compiled in to make it work?

Comment

You need SUMO_rlc.bin too.

Comment

Yep, indeed, now it works.
                      Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                      X