Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST3C on r600g

Great news!

+ a couple of the previous commits to fix the issues LiquidAcid found.

Thank you Dave Airlie!

Comment

Thank you Dave. What you did today is a massive leap in r600g, and its future usage. Happy You rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        sure and what is the point of that? for AMD as a capitalist company the OS driver is PR.

but at this point PR is good and amd need good PR to.
        Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        Did you even read Bridgman's response? You can do that, and the number of responses you get is going to be way, way, WAY under 1% of total sales. Which would then mean they'd end up cutting Linux developers. If you mean they should compare responses from Linux users to Windows users, that opens up the whole "gaming the system" argument.

I want to give creators, such as Dave, MONEY with each AMD hardware I purchase, because such people as Dave - matter.

I want to give money for progress!

And I'm sure I'm not alone!

Is this hard to understand?

Is windows drivers develop different? Are they financed by aliens from outerspace or what?

Untill this is revised - AMD opensource drivers will be low quality/lacking/unusable/always staying behind!

Are IBM/Oracle/Novell/RedHat also pay kernel developers based on 1% OS desktop market unlinked to their company sells?

The resonse I get from Bridgeman is simple: the drivers are good & we are interested in improving them.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
          we are interested in improving them.
          By donating money from unknown charity.

Comment

I am waiting, and I am going to buy Llano, exactly because AMD openness. Otherwise I would have gone nv. Crazycheese, bare in mind that previous christmass we celebrated gears on r600c. The last year was a fantastic progress.

Comment

Are IBM/Oracle/Novell/RedHat also pay kernel developers based on 1% OS desktop market unlinked to their company sells?
              Most kernel developers are paid based on the much higher server OS market share, which was closer to 30% than to 1% last time I looked. It's just things like graphics and sound that are tied to the client (aka desktop) market size.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Most kernel developers are paid based on the much higher server OS market share, which was closer to 30% than to 1% last time I looked. It's just things like graphics and sound that are tied to the client (aka desktop) market size.
                You do not want to lead the innovation, nor see opensource radeon as any vital part of your company portfolio. I understand.

Comment

OK, you lost me there. How did this go from "IBM/Oracle/Novell/RedHat" to being about me ?
                  Test signature

Comment

Great !
                    I will try as soon it's in rawhide

Comment

You do not want to lead the innovation, nor see opensource radeon as any vital part of your company portfolio. I understand.
                      With customers like you, AMD does not need competitors. Do AMD a favor and switch to Nvidia.

Comment

Working...
                      X