Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i have a mobility radeon x1300 and im guessing this STILL hasent been fixed?

running in vesa isnt ideal on a widescreen with a normal resolution but it has to do at the moment

i heard somewhere to use the open source ati drivers but they dont work either right?

(also whats the status with that down grade, i did install a couple of updates but i dont know if thatll affect downgrading xorg etc)

has anyone got a blog or something set up to maybe post the progress of a fix or solution?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowHarlequin View Post
      yeah i have a mobility radeon x1300 and im guessing this STILL hasent been fixed?

running in vesa isnt ideal on a widescreen with a normal resolution but it has to do at the moment

i heard somewhere to use the open source ati drivers but they dont work either right?

(also whats the status with that down grade, i did install a couple of updates but i dont know if thatll affect downgrading xorg etc)

has anyone got a blog or something set up to maybe post the progress of a fix or solution?
      Phoronix and the Phoronix Forums will be the first place to tell you the status of Fedora 7 and fglrx, I can guarantee that.

The Open-Source Avivo driver is slower than VESA right now but it does support wide screen resolutions.

If you want to downgrade the X server now, you can upgrade later or you can just hold it out a bit longer before the new driver
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Phoronix and the Phoronix Forums will be the first place to tell you the status of Fedora 7 and fglrx, I can guarantee that.

The Open-Source Avivo driver is slower than VESA right now but it does support wide screen resolutions.

If you want to downgrade the X server now, you can upgrade later or you can just hold it out a bit longer before the new driver
        thanks for that prompt reply
        yeah i MIGHT try downgrading <follow the guide posted earlier exactly right?>

in all fairness i hadnt had my card working in F6 either but im planning on using F7 alot more and learn some java in it or soemthing

updates will be posted as a new topic?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowHarlequin View Post
          thanks for that prompt reply
          yeah i MIGHT try downgrading <follow the guide posted earlier exactly right?>

in all fairness i hadnt had my card working in F6 either but im planning on using F7 alot more and learn some java in it or soemthing

updates will be posted as a new topic?
          Updates will be posted in this thread as well as new threads. You can subscribe to our forums or Phoronix.com RSS feeds so you are instantly notified.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

michael sometimes feels like an ad-bot, you know.

Comment

Hey, would have you expected that fglrx runs on my...

Xorg Server 1.3 & Kernel 2.6.22 Debian/sid (sidux) system without any fixed needed?

Comment

not even the kernel patch?

i'm going 2.6.22 in a couple of hours, when i'm back from work.

Comment

Linux 2.6.22 with the 8.38 will probably run into some issues.... However, now that the new kernel is officially out, AMD will attempt to support it prompty
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Linux 2.6.22 with the 8.38 will probably run into some issues.... However, now that the new kernel is officially out, AMD will attempt to support it prompty
                    did you pick an "attempt" word on purpose? or am i the only one who gets suspicious when reading that amd is attempting to do something instead of actually doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                      did you pick an "attempt" word on purpose? or am i the only one who gets suspicious when reading that amd is attempting to do something instead of actually doing it.
                      If there is not Linux 2.6.22 support in the mainstream firegl_public code, there should be a patch for the Fedora 7 packaging scripts. Though what would be the use of a 2.6.22 patch if there is no X server 1.3 for Fedora 7 support?
                      Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                      X