Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    (...) --enable-gallium-radeon (...)
    That's not such a good idea as it builds the xorg radeon module (it has no other effect afaik), which will overwrite the one from xf86-video-ati. It does not seem to work at the moment (last time I tried it, it said something about missing module information IIRC).

Comment

Sdlmame now refuses to even start

Code:
      $ sdlmame
      Invalid numscreens value 2; reverting to 1
      sdlmame: r600_buffer.c:247: r600_upload_user_buffers: Assertion `rctx->real_vertex_buffer[index]' failed.
      Avbrutt (SIGABRT)
      TOTAL SCANDAL.

Comment

Originally posted by xiando View Post
        Code:
        $ sdlmame
        Invalid numscreens value 2; reverting to 1
        sdlmame: r600_buffer.c:247: r600_upload_user_buffers: Assertion `rctx->real_vertex_buffer[index]' failed.
        Avbrutt (SIGABRT)
        same for me, I have sent a bug report to freedesktop bugzilla.

Comment

Civilization 5 is close to work but it says this

err:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_select >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUseProgramObjectARB @ glsl_shader.c / 4621

and the entrance gets distorted

Comment

Neverwinter nights works on r600g. Everything looks good there. Using same r600c the fonts are not rendered.

Comment

WoW has gotten better and worse in the last couple of days.

New screenshot:

Before the textures actually worked, but the vertexes were all wonky. Like you'd have bits of characters stretched out in like a spike coming out of their chest. But the game also crashed within seconds of getting into the game.

I took this screenshot after being in game for a minute or two. The FPS is unplayable too.

The no textures kinds of gives it a cool look though.

This message gets spammed in the wine output:
              Code:
              unsupported texture format in setup_hardware_state
              failed to validate texture for unit 0.

Comment

Originally posted by bongmaster2
                sorry there is no such file or directory configure

im compiling from git. i comoiled manaually with make -linux-dri-x86 and moved the r600g to the 32 libs and used the load drivers apth but starcraftt 2 still crashes.
                The line should start with ./autogen.sh instead of ./configure.

Don't expect Starcraft II to work though. At least it's not working for me. As far as I can tell it's not only a driver bug preventing it from working. For some reason (could be driver related) wine picks a code path which leads to illegal uses of OpenGL function calls.

Comment

R600g is starting to be quite fast
                  97 fps in world of padman @1920x1200 (using phoronix-test-suite)
                  54 fps in nexuiz demo1 @1920x1200,normal quality
                  120 fps in openarena anholt @2560x1600, very high quality

Also, dynpm and temperature monitor finally work for me.

Athlon64 3800+X2@2,6GHz, 2GB ram, HD3870 (RV670) with R600g, 2.6.38-rc4, xorg-server-1.9.4, mesa git, libdrm git, xf86-video-ati git, pageflipping on, colortiling on, swapbufferwaits off.
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                    R600g is starting to be quite fast
                    97 fps in world of padman @1920x1200 (using phoronix-test-suite)
                    54 fps in nexuiz demo1 @1920x1200,normal quality
                    120 fps in openarena anholt @2560x1600, very high quality

Also, dynpm and temperature monitor finally work for me.

Athlon64 3800+X2@2,6GHz, 2GB ram, HD3870 (RV670) with R600g, 2.6.38-rc4, xorg-server-1.9.4, mesa git, libdrm git, xf86-video-ati git, pageflipping on, colortiling on, swapbufferwaits off.
                    This seems quite impressive. I was left with the impression that with PageFlipping you get always sync to Vblank. What is swapbufferswaits off?
                    Also, doesn't anybody made some testing before/after these new features were added? It would be interesting % related to fgrlx r600g achieved.

Comment

savages2 ver 1.5(an oldie i had around) work flawlesly in r600g, in fact beyond lack of anti aliasing i cant notice any diference at max setting @1440x900 against fglrx anymore.

im downloading ver 2.1.0 to confirm but im really impressed so far.

i don't know how much fps diff i get cuz i havent look around to pass the show fps ingame but is well beyond 60 fps easily

Comment

Working...
                      X