Working r600g games list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Is this a regression or has it never worked on r600g ? Does it work with the classic r600 driver ?
    zsnes gives the same output with r600g as it does with r600c. I guess it never worked with r600g.

I have this memory of using OGL modes with it years ago on some box which eventually started smoking and I may have been using some evil binary blob and chip from that other corporation which does graphics.

The obvious question is: Does it actually work with ANY chip/driver today? maby I should bother to compile OpenGL with swrast too, it probably won't add that much compile time..

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Use bsnes which does work. It's the present and future of snes emulation (and has obviously better sound and few emulation bugs than zsnes to boot).

Yeah, yeah, I'm used to zsnes too, yadda yadda. Just switch already.
    My GF back in 2006 liked Super Mario for some reason, I haven't tried any SNES emulator since then before last week so I am not used to anything. However,

Code:
    $ eix bsnes
    No matches found.
    There does appear to be a bsnes something in the zugaina overlay, I'll check that out after reading/possibly adding drama to http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...e-lies-exposed (which, by topic, looks like fun thread)

Comment

It's good to update here too. I add 2 Northern Island cell, CompizFusion and OpenArena.

Comment

Originally posted by xiando View Post
        zsnes gives the same output with r600g as it does with r600c. I guess it never worked with r600g.
        OMG, I tought I was playing Super Mario All Stars few minutes ago with R600g
        Zsnes works fine here.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

There does appear to be a bsnes something in the zugaina overlay
          roslin overlay

Edit: I use zsnes with intel drivers too.
          ## VGA ##

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
            Use bsnes which does work. It's the present and future of snes emulation
            Uhmm....what? bsnes isn't really useful for a lot of people. ZSNES runs serviceably on a Pentium 90; I don't even think bsnes runs on my c2d all that well. Byuu even sort of stresses that it's not really for general use.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
              OMG, I tought I was playing Super Mario All Stars few minutes ago with R600g
              Zsnes works fine here.
              Yes, zsnes works just fine when you start it.

Then go CONFIG and VIDEO and you will see a long list of modes. All modes which have a O in front of them are OpenGL modes. The first few modes marked DR W and DR F are not.

As said, it's the OpenGL modes who fail. Do these work for you?

I should mention a total scandal bug which makes me want to use a large OpenGL mode: When some application changes the resolution then X does NOT change back upon exiting the application. If it changes to some low resolution then I get to keep that until I run

Code:
              xrandr -s 0
              and this command only changes the resolution on my primary monitor to 1680x1050 and turns off the second monitor. Now it's gone and I have to restart to get back to a working desktop..

thus, it would be nice to have a large window snes something..

Comment

As said, it's the OpenGL modes who fail. Do these work for you?
                Yes, I use "OpenGL", "Allow Filters", "Strech" and "FullScreen". Both on Intel and R600g.
                ## VGA ##

Comment

It's a bit slow but zsnes works even with llvm software rasterizer
                  ## VGA ##

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                    wine scream like a zillion this
                    fixme:d3d_surface:surface_load_ds_location Not supported with fixed up depth stencil.
                    That doesn't sound like r600g. You should only get that FIXME if the driver doesn't support the ARB_framebuffer_object extension, but r600g supports that, while r600c doesn't.

Comment

there is way to test that fbo are actually enabled henri? at least for wine use

since im using a 64bit distro maybe the ubuntu crappy 32 bit libs are using r600c or dont have osmesa library i think but im not sure about it

Comment

Working...
                      X