Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridgman
    replied
    I haven't seen a repo for the evergreen-accel branch of xf86-video-ati (which you need for Evergreen accel right now). Once the evergreen-accel branch gets merged into xf86-video-ati master you should be OK.

Leave a comment:

• Jecos
    replied
    Is evergreen support in xorg-edgers repository?

wanna try it. and I will grab latest 2.6.36.

Leave a comment:

• rohcQaH
    replied
    indeed, mipmaps work. Nice!

Leave a comment:

• monraaf
    replied
    Great, I see the broken mipmap thing is now fixed.

Leave a comment:

• etnlWings
    replied
    Ahh, sod that, then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Leave a comment:

• monraaf
    replied
    AFAIK it went straight into master the day the code was liberated by AMD. But you'll need a ddx from evergreen branch to allow for both 2D and 3D acceleration. And if you don't want any lockups and corruption you'll also need the just released kernel 2.6.36-rc5 at minimum.

Leave a comment:

• etnlWings
    replied
    Huh. Any idea how long ago that was? I CBFed figuring out of to build my own drivers so I've been taking advantage of the xorg-edgers repo, under the assumption that their Mesa 7.9-devel packages are up-to-date. I figured the new code hadn't been merged, since I'm still stuck with software rendering (and that insufferable aubergine stripe down the left side of my screen, that's been there since the initial modesetting support).

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    As far as I know the merge window is already closed and the 5xxx driver is already merged.

Leave a comment:

• etnlWings
    replied
    So is the classic driver looking to be merged into mainline Mesa before the 7.9 window closes?

Leave a comment:

• Wingfeather
    replied
    Ah, Christian (and Alex!), you're a lifesaver. The corruption was annoying in itself, but what I've not seen mentioned is that when corruption was occurring, crashes were proportionately more likely - usually bringing down X for me. Now, both corruption and crashes seem to be gone!

Excellent stuff, thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X