X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Cyber
    replied
    Originally posted by mirza View Post
    It is amazing to me that such huge corporation (AMD) cannot simply assign 30 or 40 developers to get job done FAST
    r600g is not a big collection of independent modules that can each be readily assigned to a different developer. Trying to split it up among 30 or 40 developers would probably make it take longer.

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by mirza View Post
    It is amazing to me that such huge corporation (AMD) cannot simply assign 30 or 40 developers to get job done FAST and then leave 4-5 to maintain quality. According to Google Finance AMD has 10649 employees. I guess 10647 of that number are taking care everything runs well on Windows.
    That number is mostly uninteresting because AMD is not a software-development company. The more interesting is how many full-time software developers they have.

Leave a comment:

• mirza
    replied
    AMD

It is amazing to me that such huge corporation (AMD) cannot simply assign 30 or 40 developers to get job done FAST and then leave 4-5 to maintain quality. According to Google Finance AMD has 10649 employees. I guess 10647 of that number are taking care everything runs well on Windows.

Leave a comment:

• Hephasteus
    replied
    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    I don't know. ATi stuff has had OpenGL 2 for a very long time, plus there is the entire power management stuff.
    The opengl stuff isn't anything to do with ati or nvidia. It's done by an entirely different team from what I understand.
    I just checked it with wine today and unfortunately it's giving 2.1 support but it seems to be using software rasterizer under wine.

Leave a comment:

• marek
    replied
    I wouldn't say nouveau development is more active than ATI one, at least on the 3D side. nv50 seems to be the only nouveau driver being actively developed and it's basically a one man show (though the man is totally awesome).

nvfx (nv30/nv40) is currently dead, there is simply no developer which has time, knowledge, and hardware to be able to develop it. The driver is currently more or less broken and some very important fixes and improvements for it are spread across several branches in mesa git, in case anybody cares.

Wielkie G> Actually, no. You can even create an OpenGL 1.3 driver in Gallium.

Leave a comment:

• acreda
    replied
    well, i ve just upgraded to OS 11.2 and with the newer 2.6.34 kernel and its the first time i have had 2d/3d accelartion out of the box so to speak on my HD4830. i know im runningthe classic mesa driver and its so much faster starting X then the catalsyst although ut2004 is a little laggy. i think it will be better for bits from the r300 driver to be graffted on.

fingers crossed...........

Leave a comment:

• Wielkie G
    replied
    Gallium3D == OpenGL 2.1. Even r600g claims it supports that version...

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    I don't know. ATi stuff has had OpenGL 2 for a very long time, plus there is the entire power management stuff.

Leave a comment:

• makomk
    replied
    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    I'd be very (positively) surprised if nouveau has full OpenGL 2.1 compliance already.
    No idea, but Nouveau seems to have been under more active development than the ATI stuff for the last few months, as usual. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a lot further ahead.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    That's quite impressive given the cold shoulder they get from Nvidia.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X