Ati radeon x1200 rotation problem with CentOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    If you want to play it safe try running the following command first, to see if the key still exists :

Don't know if sudo exists on the current RH distros, so run as root if not. Again, X should be stopped before you run these.
    Code:
    # aticonfig --get-pcs-key="DDX,EnableRandR12"
    Error: Key DDX,EnableRandR12 not found in PCS database
    Nope that was not it... maybe named as something else?

Comment

Maybe replace Enable with Disable ? You could also take a look in amdpcsdb for any mention of RandR.

It's possible that the non-RandR code paths have been removed, not sure. Will try to find out but it won't be until mid next week at the earliest.
      Test signature

Comment

No mention of randr at all in amdpcsdb. Tried several grep's (enable, disable, randr) etc.. Could not see anything important with aticonfig --help either

Would be really grateful if you could check this. Changing OS just to get rotation support is not on my wishlist. As RHEL 5 is a supported OS I think this should work and if Nvidia can do it so can ATI . As fglrx is used by the workstation market I think this feature is important as a lot of workstations use larger screens and with that the pivot function is often included.

Ill help as much as I can if you need more info about my system. You could also point the dev's to this bug if they take their time to look into this issue : http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1841

Thank you for your time and have a great weekend !

Comment

Originally posted by Fluggo View Post
          and if Nvidia can do it so can ATI
          Does NVidia support RandR ?
          Test signature

Comment

xrandr -o X

X from 0 to 3

works definitely with nvidia.

Comment

I have a Nvidia Quadro card here. Tested in the same box as this ATI HD5770. The Quadro card does rotation just fine under CentOS 5.5. So I don't think ATI should miss out on this feature which is becoming increasingly important as screensizes increase and which is now missing/not working on a supported distro.

Regards

Comment

Does NVidia support RandR ?
                nvidia does not fully support randr 1.2. For example, you can not use xrandr (or even twinview) to rotate just one monitor. In that case, you have to use multiple screens and combined them with xinerama.

Adam

Comment

Maybe replace Enable with Disable ? You could also take a look in amdpcsdb for any mention of RandR.

It's possible that the non-RandR code paths have been removed, not sure. Will try to find out but it won't be until mid next week at the earliest.
                  Looking forward getting info on this. Thank you bridgman !

Comment

@bridgman

Did you get any info from the devs regarding this issue ? And did anyone check the bug report ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fluggo View Post
                      @bridgman

Did you get any info from the devs regarding this issue ? And did anyone check the bug report ?

Thanks
                      Bumping this to get Bridgmans attention Did you talk to the devs about being able to use rotation/pivot on RHEL 5.5 / CentOS 5.5 ??

Comment

Working...
                      X