No announcement yet.

New laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For r5xx and higher (X1xxx and higher) the driver should default to VideoOverlay and OpenGLOverlay both off, I believe. Since the current drivers commence support with HD2xxx that means they should be off all the time.

OpenGL Overlay is for specific workstation apps which use OpenGL calls to float an overlay in front of a full screen app. VideoOverlay is for pre-5xx cards which had dedicated hardware in the overlay block for scaling and colour space conversion - starting with 5xx we did that in the shaders instead.
    Test signature

Comment

I could be wrong but afaik the replacement for that VideoOverlay option should be the ATI/AMD AVIVO thingy:

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep Text
      (**) fglrx(0): Textured Video is enabled.
      which is enabled by default anyway

@rohcQaH:

good to know - thanks !

next time I'll try to view stuff with gl2

edit:

wait - actually I'm already doing that

the other advantage over xv is that memory usage doesn't grow endlessly & is recovered after playback and the player is closed

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        For r5xx and higher (X1xxx and higher) the driver should default to VideoOverlay and OpenGLOverlay both off, I believe. Since the current drivers commence support with HD2xxx that means they should be off all the time.

OpenGL Overlay is for specific workstation apps which use OpenGL calls to float an overlay in front of a full screen app. VideoOverlay is for pre-5xx cards which had dedicated hardware in the overlay block for scaling and colour space conversion - starting with 5xx we did that in the shaders instead.
        What about the TexturedVideo and vsync options? suggestions on them? I saw several sites suggesting enabling them minimized tearing for video. Seems a bit better, but might just be imagining the difference.

Comment

see one post above yours

Comment

Working...
          X