No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 10.3 For Linux Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the changelog link still points to the 102 pdf, the 103 pdf is however there when you modify the link. Basically that whole driver is useless, better add preview drivers of 10-4/10-5 with the bugs fixed which are in the public beta you find in the ubuntu repository. Nvidia releases public beta drivers all the time, why not follow em when they do something good for linux users?

Comment

Fuck that, I'm using 2.6.33 kernel. Try get it running on my pc!

Comment

2.6.33 is inofficially no problem

Just ati is unbelieveable slow when current kernels/xservers should work out of the box.

Comment

Sooo... I'm assuming they've fixed the Compiz problems that appeared in t he last version, right?

Oh who am I kidding...

Comment

Well basically it is unlikely that something is fixed when it is still in 10-4 beta which can everybody test now... So known problems without testing must already be (only those i test myself):

- xvba has color problems with h264
            - xvba can not decode h264 l5.1
            - xbmc glsl/auto is not working
            - xv is missing vsync

Most likely all those errors are at least in the driver for 6 month (did not test all for the xbmc glsl error) - or forever like xv.

Comment

"As such, Catalyst 10.3 isn't too interesting. "

It isn't? No one could would ever bet the opposite for an upcoming fglrx release!

Comment

Why is it taking so long to get a functional driver! They have the window code to go by, so all they need to do is interface it with linux.

Comment

Originally posted by 0e8h View Post
                  Why is it taking so long to get a functional driver! They have the window code to go by, so all they need to do is interface it with linux.
                  Well, in defense of AMD, they recently started with that. They're going to use Direct2D on Linux. Until it's finished, please be my guest and flame away

Comment

what a piece of crap!
                    i finally have bouth radeon 4730 and managed it to work only with 2.6.34-rc2+kms (xorg-server-1.6 is out of question) otherwise it would corrupt screen, reset gpu or otherwise get nuts. and still it loves to self-destruct X and support only opgngl 2.0/glsl 1.10. better then nothing, i suppose

Comment

I hate them trolls and all this negativism in these topics. It mostly comes from people who use unsupported kernels / xorg versions anyway. When do you guys learn that these are not supported? Your trolling does not help. Perhaps you should pursue other ways to make AMD support the newer kernels. I bet if you all would send polite emails, asking (with good reasons) why you would like support for newer stuff in the drivers, it would have a lot more impact than this annoying monthly trolling.

Personally I found that the driver improvements that occurred over the last two years were mostly a positive experience. The overall improvements for the drivers are great. Keep up the good work AMD! And I trust the quality of the drivers will only improve more in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X