X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agaida
    replied
    Originally posted by latebeat View Post
    You got it exatly right. It's that in-between section/line that I'm seeing. Also I checked out your screenshot and I get that too. I don't know if it has to do with compiz or the no-backfill patch.
    When I change the compiz animation quality settings to "best" it's much more prominent than when I have it set to "fast".
    Anyhow, I really like the new ubuntu theme so I'd rather use it with these minor annoyances than use a different one that would cover up these artifact related problems.
    Ok, i have check these behavior back on another machine. It's my server with an Intel G43 and an unpatched xsever. Compiz on. Wobbly on. It has the same artifacts as you described. So i would say, the error is not on Ati nor the patch. I would say, it's compiz.

Leave a comment:

• latebeat
    replied
    Originally posted by agaida View Post
    I know. I think its because near the top there are two Sections, first the window title, then the section with the menus. Probably you see the normaly not visible border between these sections in Actions like miniizing, maximizing or wobble. No clue about it. To verify that, you might use another scheme for testing purposes.
    You got it exatly right. It's that in-between section/line that I'm seeing. Also I checked out your screenshot and I get that too. I don't know if it has to do with compiz or the no-backfill patch.
    When I change the compiz animation quality settings to "best" it's much more prominent than when I have it set to "fast".
    Anyhow, I really like the new ubuntu theme so I'd rather use it with these minor annoyances than use a different one that would cover up these artifact related problems.

Leave a comment:

• agaida
    replied
    Have take a second look at this. It look like rounding errors ins Compiz and occurs also when not animated

Leave a comment:

• dgrafenhofer
    replied
    For those of you using openSUSE 11.2 of you, xserver packages with the backclear patches applied can be found in my obs repo:
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_11.2/

Leave a comment:

• agaida
    replied
    Have take a second look at this. It look like rounding errors ins Compiz and occurs also when not animated

Leave a comment:

• agaida
    replied
    Thanks, I'm using ur patch from the ppa already. For me it works fine, my only complaint is some minor artifacts that appear briefly during some compiz animations. For example some weird dots near the top of the window when it's maximized. Everything is fine other than that.
    I know. I think its because near the top there are two Sections, first the window title, then the section with the menus. Probably you see the normaly not visible border between these sections in Actions like miniizing, maximizing or wobble. No clue about it. To verify that, you might use another scheme for testing purposes.

Leave a comment:

• latebeat
    replied
    To avoid this bug in karmic use the https://launchpad.net/~k0ekk0ek/+archive/ppa, in lucid you can use https://launchpad.net/~info-g-com/+a...-xorg-1.7.6-gc

As bridgman wrote, at the moment is no reason to change back. I'll keep the package in sync with the latest servers until its finally fixed... Hoping soon. For more information you should read lp #351186 and its successor.
    Thanks, I'm using ur patch from the ppa already. For me it works fine, my only complaint is some minor artifacts that appear briefly during some compiz animations. For example some weird dots near the top of the window when it's maximized. Everything is fine other than that.

Leave a comment:

• agaida
    replied
    Well can you point out any links ...
    To avoid this bug in karmic use the https://launchpad.net/~k0ekk0ek/+archive/ppa, in lucid you can use https://launchpad.net/~info-g-com/+a...-xorg-1.7.6-gc

As bridgman wrote, at the moment is no reason to change back. I'll keep the package in sync with the latest servers until its finally fixed... Hoping soon. For more information you should read lp #351186 and its successor.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    The advantage of the backclear patch over the no-backfill one is that backclear replaces the occasional patches of garbage (uninitialized memory) with patches of black, addressing the security concerns (chance of seeing screen data from a previous session or user) which prompted removal of the no-backfill patch in the first place.

If the no-backfill patch is working for you then there's probably no compelling reason to change.

Leave a comment:

• latebeat
    replied
    @all: Bridgman was right. The no-backfill-patch was the first try to solve the described ATI (better xserver) Problems. You can read about it at the begin of comments in launchpad bug #351186. Later came the no-backclear-patch without the glitches described at launchpad. I apply it yesterday to the lucid xserver-1.7.6...ntu7. But you can also search at Arch AUR or at Fedora. In this time i run a 10.4 with a 2.6.33 i686 Kernel with a x 1.8.0.1 on Arch without problems.
    Well can you point out any links on how to download and apply the patch that you're saying? What's the benefit over the no-backfill patched xserver since minimize/maximize seems to be working fine now?

Also can you or someone tell me how to go back to the normal xserver after using a ppa to get the no-backfill patched one?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X