AMD Catalyst 9.8 Delivers New Kernel Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Technojunkie View Post
    ssh'ing into my F11 box and attempting to install 9.8 from the console proved more enlightening:
    Code:
    ....snip...

./ati-installer.sh: line 39:  6724 Aborted                 ./setup.data/bin/${ARCH_DIR}/setup 2> /dev/null

Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.Cgo5FZ
    this normally happens when compiling with the radeon and DRM modules loaded..although it is not really worth installing as it will lock your system up within 20 seconds of Gnome loading up.

the joys of FC11

Comment

Originally posted by Silverthorn View Post
      Error message may appear while playing H264/VC1/mpeg2 media files with Hardware Acceleration

I wonder what this really means
      Xvba support comming soon ?

Gbeauchesne's patch for Xvba support in libva is ready for 5 months now, so where is xvba-video ?

Comment

I have changed my operating system to ubuntu jaunty now. There was no problem to create debian packages of the new 9.8 driver and to install them. However I have massive problems with Compiz and Xv ...
        When I open a window and I play music at the same time, the music hangs for a second. When I maximize the video window in Totem it needs over 2 seconds to react. Smplayer doesn't even play the video in fullscreen mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitof View Post
          Gbeauchesne's patch for Xvba support in libva is ready for 5 months now, so where is xvba-video ?
          Did they even say they're going to release it at all?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
            Did they even say they're going to release it at all?
            No, but why did they publish the results of benchs with a beta version of xvba-video ?

Comment

No, but why did they publish the results of benchs with a beta version of xvba-video ?
              I haven't heard of AMD/ATi releasing any such benchmarks.

Comment

Not direkt from AMD but http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NzM2OA

Comment

I don't think Gwenole Beauchesne hacked AMD/ATI's servers to get the beta version of xvba-video

Comment

I don't think Gwenole Beauchesne hacked AMD/ATI's servers to get the beta version of xvba-video
                    Originally posted by http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NzM2OA
                    Gwenol? Beauchesne is a developer working for a French company on various multimedia APIs who through agreements with AMD has been exposed to the X-Video Bitstream Acceleration API already. Gwenol? previously wrote the VA-API support for MPlayer / FFmpeg and even a VDPAU back-end for VA-API. Recently though he published Linux video decoding acceleration benchmarks.
                    -----------

Comment

I wonder if he broke his NDA by putting out benchmarks before the official support for XvBA was announced...

Comment

Working...
                      X