AMD Aims For AMF Decode In FFmpeg, Questioned Over Vulkan Video Commitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

You can take it however you wish. This was for, more or less internal testing that I was doing. I don't really care if people think it's fair or not. It's simply the best I could possibly do with either one of them.

However, when I'm distributing it to people for whatever reason, I definitely know which one I'm going to choose. It is most certainly not a minimal difference.
    Then maybe don't go around claiming SVT-AV1 is soooo much better than QSV and AMD VA-API when you clearly have no data to back up that claim that's not manipulated to show whatever you want it to show.

Comment

Originally posted by Artim View Post
      Then maybe don't go around claiming SVT-AV1 is soooo much better than QSV and AMD VA-API when you clearly have no data to back up that claim that's not manipulated to show whatever you want it to show.
      or don't be a retard. I already told you I used -preset veryslow @5000k for qsv and -preset 8 @5000k for svtav1 and this is preset 8 for svtav1 which is way faster then I would use for encoding something I would distribute. this is literally the best case comparison for QSV I could have done instead of just doing preset 9. FFmpeg doesn't expose lower QSV settings, vaapi is on average less efficient then QSV, doesn't expose settings like qsv does such as the proper presets.

No matter what I post you would say it's bias and manipulated because you couldn't care less about the truth.

Comment

Working...
      X