AMD ROCm 6.1.1 Brings Fixes, Preps For Upcoming Changes & cuDNN 9.0 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xcom View Post
    Is RX 6800 base supported ​(gfx1030) or not?
    No, according to the HW compatibility list: https://rocm.docs.amd.com/projects/i...uirements.html

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 23-56-08 System requirements (Linux) — ROCm installation (Linux).png

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

Nobody was just looking at market cap. Intel has a large amount of debt that is accelerating. Their earnings before interest and tax dropped 99% over the last year. They are not in great shape. If being first to backside power delivery with Arrow Lake doesn't make them much more competitive with AMD, I'm not enthusiastic about the future. They need some big foundry service wins.
      You were, you literally listed it as if market cap has any relevance, it has 0.

And where are you getting these numbers from? Their revenue did not drop 99% just 14% compared to 2022, I linked Intel's financial report in the comment before.
      Earnings means revenue after interest and taxes so I am not sure what you mean with "earnings before interest and tax" aside from revenue.
      Intel might have debt but their debt/equity rating is still below 1, compare that to Apple which scores way past 1 with about $95B of debt, debt != financial trouble.

Intel are still turning a profit all the while spending more money than AMD. So by comparison Intel still has better financials over AMD, they have significantly more revenue and in turn also spend significantly more on research and development as is evident by both companies financial statements for 2023.
      If AMD were to spent the same amount on R&D for 2024 and 2025 as they did in 2023 (5,872) while Intel decided to spend $0 for 2024 and the same amount in 2025 as 2023 (16,046), they would still have spent more than AMD did in the theoretical 2024 and 2025 combined. AMD could even increase spending by 20% each of those years so 7,046 for 2024 and 8,455 for 2025 and Intel would still spend more on R&D in 2023 alone.

Comment

It still runs as the LLVM target GFX1030 is shared with the AMD Radeon PRO W6800.
        Meaning any GPU on this list works as they have that same ISA:

Just not officially supported by AMD (but for some reason they still answer and resolve issues on the git issue tracker).

Comment

When you compile ROCm from source you'll be treated to a list of the devices that should have "full" support. Like I've mentioned before I have gfx90c devices that aren't in this list which works fine for everything I've needed it for so far.

Device targets : gfx803;gfx900:xnack-;gfx906:xnack-;gfx908:xnack-;gfx90a:xnack-;gfx90a:xnack+;gfx940;gfx941;gfx942;gfx1030;gfx110 0;gfx1101;gfx1102

Comment

Originally posted by streblo View Post

Even though there's no official support, most (all?) consumer GPUs seem to be supported back to Vega64 at least.

I have been running 6.0 on a 7800XT with no issues for a while now.
            I'm trying to get tensorflow running on my navi10. Doesnt work yet. there are some workarounds based on older rocm versions but its a mess because the docu is refering to the offficial docu which meanwhile has been already altered.

Comment

Originally posted by xcom View Post
              Is RX 6800 base supported ​(gfx1030) or not?
              Back in 2023, AMD donated four RX 6800 GPUs to Debian Developers to help them with packaging and testing ROCm. The card is not officially supported, but it works fine.

Comment

Working...
              X