Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Working To Release MES Documentation & Source Code

Phoronix: AMD Working To Release MES Documentation & Source Code

Following up on their tweet earlier this week that they would be working to open-source more of their GPU software stack and hardware documentation, AMD now says they will be releasing documentation followed by the source code for their Micro-Engine Scheduler (MES) IP block found within Radeon GPUs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Tiny corporation, Big win

Comment

Oh, wow, that's why I buy AMD GPUs

Comment

I'm not a customer of Tiny Corp, but I appreciate that they managed to convince AMD to be even more open

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
          Oh, wow, that's why I buy AMD GPUs
          Because they don't let the GPU compute community help them fix their problems until they are publicly shamed ?
          Last edited by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx; 05 April 2024, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks Tiny Corp. All the haters in the previous threads should thank you as well but that seems unlikely.

Comment

Damned if you do…

Damned if you dont…

AMD has no hope in this world populated by Ngreedia drones.
              Last edited by NeoMorpheus; 06 April 2024, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
                Damned if you do…
                At least, you tried.

And until you do, you'll never know if you could have won.

Comment

Can we take a moment to appreciate how odd this is? Tiny Corp wants to make business with AMD so they literally offer to fix their dumpsterfire of a kernel driver and firmware code *for free*, just so they can purchase their products? Thank you Tiny Corp and George Hotz, hopefully you can help both yourselves and AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

Because they don't let the GPU compute community help them fix their problems until they are publicly shamed ?
                    Hey, at least it happens even if it requires public shaming.

On NVidia's side, they don't even allow FOSS drivers to reclock the GPU. The new "Open Source Driver" for NVidia is a 300 line shim that effectively just talks to the same exact binary blob, just cut down in features and distributed differently.

Comment

Working...
                    X