R6xx + TV-Out - any success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R6xx + TV-Out - any success?

I have HD3650 card. In windows TV-out works. In Linux with fglrx - too, but video plays with tearing
    I tried radeon driver, but colors on TV are garbled (violet faces and so on). It seems, that it works in NTSC format.
    Option "TVStandard" "PAL"
    in xorg.cong does nothing...

Here is more info about my problem:

Any ideas how to fix TV Standard ?

Thanks anyway!

Seems atombios_output.c defines a switch such that the default value if all else fails is ATOM_TV_NTSC. Assuming that override switch is somehow borked and the driver fails to detect your tv output correctly, it would default to NTSC, I *think*. If you're feeling adventurous, could change the default value to see if that's a workaround. The fix of course belongs elsewhere. (it might be the detection has been screwed up all the time and majority of testers just happened to have NTSC systems)

Comment

These lines
      "(II) RADEON(0): TV standards supported by chip: NTSC NTSC-J PAL PAL-M
      (EE) RADEON(0): Invalid TV Standard: PAL"
      gave out hints that it's inside function RADEONGetTVInfo that it errors out. Try pal instead of PAL, it might be case-sensitive.
      Edit: Eek, is there even autodetection? Ah, well. Probably the option checking should be case-insensitive at the very least...
      (or easier yet, don't have them in lower-case in man page and upper-case in xorg log)
      Last edited by nanonyme; 03 August 2009, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Yes!
        Low case "pal" in xorg.conf works!

By the first test - there is no tearing during playback!

Any chance to enable experimental 3D on it with 2.6.30 ?

Comment

Could you tell me how you are connecting to the TV please, composite or s-video?

I ask because I've so far failed with s-video (different card).

Comment

Originally posted by legume View Post
            Could you tell me how you are connecting to the TV please, composite or s-video?

I ask because I've so far failed with s-video (different card).
            S-video with S-video to Composite (RCA) adapter.

All my configs are here http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23043

Is your TV working elsewhere (f.e. windows)?

Comment

Originally posted by javum View Post
              S-video with S-video to Composite (RCA) adapter.

All my configs are here http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23043

Is your TV working elsewhere (f.e. windows)?
              Thanks - so if you are using the composite adapter that comes with the card it may not be s-video. The din connector on the card has more pins than s-video needs (4) and examining the composite and component adapters that came with my card I can see they use different pin layouts to my s-video lead, so maybe the card detects and outputs different signals depending on which pins are connected. It's a shame I haven't got a composite lead long enough to test at the moment.

My TV-out does work OK using other drivers.

Comment

Please, post your configs and logs.

Comment

Originally posted by javum View Post
                  Please, post your configs and logs.

I've also since tried many combinations of screen placements/clones with xrandr.

I haven't tried with an xorg.conf like yours yet, but will later.

Comment

Originally posted by legume View Post
                    I've also since tried many combinations of screen placements/clones with xrandr.
                    Your xrandr output shows, that DIN is connected. It seems, that you should enable it by this command:
                    xrandr --output DIN --auto

Comment

Working...
                    X