Radeon Memory Visualizer Hooks Up With Qualcomm Adreno Vulkan Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Memory Visualizer Hooks Up With Qualcomm Adreno Vulkan Driver

Phoronix: Radeon Memory Visualizer Hooks Up With Qualcomm Adreno Vulkan Driver

Thanks to the nature of open-source and AMD making their Radeon Memory Visualizer "RMV" open-source under the GPUOpen umbrella, outside of AMD graphics drivers it's found usage elsewhere. Back in January I wrote how Intel's open-source Vulkan driver was adapted for being able to interface with the Radeon Memory Visualizer. Now this week the Qualcomm Adreno "TURNIP" Vulkan driver has also been wired up for enabling RMV integration...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Once NVK hooks in we can drop the Radeon moniker and just call it "GPU Memory Visualizer".

Maybe also transfer to Khronos.

Comment

Radeon and Qualcomm sitting in a tree
      T R A C I N G
      First comes love, then comes marriage
      And a Vulkan layer in the baby carriage

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        Radeon and Qualcomm sitting in a tree
        T R A C I N G
        First comes love, then comes marriage
        And a Vulkan layer in the baby carriage
        Adreno is anagram of Radeon, maybe due to ATI roots

Comment

...and actually, we should standardize the Linux version of the driver-to-RMV interface in Vulkan as any of VK_AMD_memory_debug, VK_EXT_memory_debug or VK_XDG_memory_debug.

Comment

Working...
          X