Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LACT 0.5.3 Released For Managing AMD Graphics Cards Under Linux

Phoronix: LACT 0.5.3 Released For Managing AMD Graphics Cards Under Linux

With the absence of any official AMD Radeon graphics control panel / settings GUI for Linux enthusiasts/gamers, there are several open-source projects striving to be a viable Radeon GUI control area for Linux gamers/enthusiasts. LACT 0.5.3 was released this weekend as the newest version of this option for AMD Radeon information reporting, GPU overclocking, fan control, power/thermal monitoring, and additional power state configurations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sadly no way to set clocks / power for Phoenix 780M graphics...

Comment

Originally posted by openminded View Post
      Sadly no way to set clocks / power for Phoenix 780M graphics...
      I think it is not wired up in driver yet.

Comment

This app actually helped a user who asked me for an alternative to CoreCtrl because the latter was not working properly with his RX 5000 series gpu.
        Last edited by M.Bahr; 04 March 2024, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Does this work with APUs/iGPUs?

Comment

Originally posted by S.Pam View Post
            Does this work with APUs/iGPUs?
            Yes..

Comment

I find it much cleaner and easier to use/set up than corectrl. The only additional entry to my grub menu is amd_pstate=active for amd-pstate-epp.
              I like the fact that removing overclocking and restoring the system is only a click and reboot away.

The compute profile provided when set to manual is Fantastic. I'm seeing an uptick in work unit's per day completed over Win 11, power consumption is pretty even.

The only oddity I run across during set-up on kubuntu 22.04.4 lts is I have to open a konsole and do a split view in one pane type lact to launch it then switch to the other pane to issue the sudo systemctl enable --now lactd command. Otherwise things don't seem to set up correctly if at all.

Last edited by DarkFoss; 04 March 2024, 03:29 PM. Reason: formatting
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
              Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

I wonder why AMD doesn’t release the Adrenaline app on Linux.

Comment

All this "amd gpu tweakers" only have OC stuff, is there any panel for FEATURES? like adrenaline, or even equivalent for nvidia control panel ?

Comment

I can't get LACT to do anything but open and show me what's going on. I can't change anything.

7900XTX Powercolor Red Devil, Ubuntu 22.04.4 6.5 HWE low latency kernel.

Comment

Working...
                    X