Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you become an AMD Catalyst Beta Tester?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Is there a fglrx driver that does not lock up with latest kernels or some dual gfx configs?
    You should add that your dual gfx problem is a Hybrid Crossfire configuration and the notebook doesn't allow you to disable one of the chips. Crossfire is working fine as far as I know.

Comment

Well it has to work with it, that kind of config is not excluded in the fglrx readme.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Well it has to work with it, that kind of config is not excluded in the fglrx readme.
        I agree but you should have added those pieces of information nevertheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          no i don't saying this.

i say in the future there will be an libery and VLC/KAFFEINE whatever cann use this to accelerated Viedoes...

in windows only nonopensource software cann use this feature like POWERDVD or somsing else Comercial software with NDA and some other...
          MPC-HC, the free, open source media player for Windows

can use dxva to decode h.264 with uvd.

Edit: Oops I missed that this has already been mentioned.
          Last edited by legume; 03 August 2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
            because the people will complain loudly and other people will use it to attack amd? it is a loose loose situation. If you ignore them, you get more flak. If you try to cater to them, you don't need betas.
            Yeah sure. The world is full with companies doing public betas out there (including AMD's major graphics competitor NVidia), but no, AMD is special. It's gonna bring them down.

lol.

Comment

How many of the companies doing public betss are also doing monthly releases ?
              Test signature

Comment

You're right. NVidia does weekly releases

Comment

@bridgman

Absolutely nobody needs defined monthly releases. You need new releases when there are bugs in old releases. If you update em daily, weekly, monthly or never is just the question of how annoying the included bugs are.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    Yeah sure. The world is full with companies doing public betas out there (including AMD's major graphics competitor NVidia), but no, AMD is special. It's gonna bring them down.

lol.
                    and nvidia sees a lot of complaining on nvnews.

Comment

Of course many ppl complain, but those who are happy don't use the board.

Comment

Working...
                      X