Radeon R300 Open-Source Driver Continues Seeing New Improvements In 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon R300 Open-Source Driver Continues Seeing New Improvements In 2024

Phoronix: Radeon R300 Open-Source Driver Continues Seeing New Improvements In 2024

As I wrote about at the start of January, the open-source ATI Radeon R300 Linux graphics driver continues seeing new improvements even all these years later thanks to the open-source community. This wasn't some one-off work either in 2024 for this R300 to R500 GPU OpenGL driver but more work has since landed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I miss the times when GPUs were sold in boxes featuring women in bikini armor :P

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      I miss the times when GPUs were sold in boxes featuring women in bikini armor :P
      Was about to say the same thing lol. Miss Ruby. But now it's sexist, objectifying, yada-yada.

Comment

Its good to see work that will prolong the life of the driver.

Comment

Always a tiny more drop of blood to be squeezed from the stone.

Comment

Nothing will beat the creepy jester.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
              Nothing will beat the creepy jester.
              Your toxicity is hurting my feelings.

Comment

Unfortunately, the technology behind the forcefield that deflects fire away from the uncovered parts of the body was subject to a patent lawsuit and had to be dropped.
                Last edited by kurkosdr; 30 January 2024, 03:41 PM.

Comment

*Yeston has entered the chat*

'Will you accept a girl in a kimono instead, as long as she is holding a sword?'

Comment

I'm waiting for it to beat RTX

Comment

Working...
                    X