AMD's Advanced Media Framework Adds Pro Vulkan & Experimental RADV Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pieman View Post
    correct me if i am wrong, but i thought kernel 6.5 brought voltage control for rdna3? i thought the only thing missing was fan control because that needs completely new infrastructure.
    You may be right on the voltage part, the info on the interfaces for these functions with the 7k series is kind of a bucket of mud.

Comment

Does the RADV support mean that it won't require the pro drivers as a dependency anymore? If so then I hope it means that it can be packaged more easily, last I checked Arch only has it as an AUR package, and it's not usable in Flatpaks either, Handbrake for one only supports AMF and not VAAPI for AMD GPUs since it lets them share code with their Windows version.

Comment

Originally posted by X_m7 View Post
        Does the RADV support mean that it won't require the pro drivers as a dependency anymore? If so then I hope it means that it can be packaged more easily, last I checked Arch only has it as an AUR package, and it's not usable in Flatpaks either, Handbrake for one only supports AMF and not VAAPI for AMD GPUs since it lets them share code with their Windows version.
        Yes but right now RADV is still experimental so some bugs possible.

Comment

If only Intel would get around to documenting / supporting / something the ARC clock / power / fan / temperature monitoring & control HW / API / whatever,
          and make ASPM / power management work. Other than that ARC's nice in LINUX.

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

personally I would still stick with intel, it's been showing a lot of promise. I've been daily running the a380 for a little while now as a primary gpu (rx580 as secondary) and honestly it's been pretty good, intel's vulkan driver still has a lot of issues with it don't get me wrong, but I've been daily running cosmic-epoch and it's actually been a really nice experience.

but thankfully as long as you do stick with linux, AMF was one of the last major issues for a lot of people. I personally am still missing vulkan HDR with direct drm applications, but other then that it's been pretty good lately.

Comment

Originally posted by pong View Post
            If only Intel would get around to documenting / supporting / something the ARC clock / power / fan / temperature monitoring & control HW / API / whatever,
            and make ASPM / power management work. Other than that ARC's nice in LINUX.
            I have had some weird issues regarding some games and dxvk but yeah other then that it's actually been quite nice for sure

Comment

Working...
            X