Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orzel View Post

I definitely won't
    Anyway, the git clone doesn't compile... couldn't even test.

In fact i wont use it because its not c++. Geuss i have to rewrite it in qt in i ever get the time.

Comment

What does this bring that CoreCtrl doesn’t? Seems like another tweaking utility unlike Nvidia’s control panel that offers screen related controls without having to learn each DE. Using Nvidia GPUs I still have to use a tweaking utility like GreenWithEnvy.

Comment

Thank you, AMD.

I don't get the vitrol. It's almost identical to CoreCtrl sans the ability to toggle the cpu govenor. Looks fine with kubuntu 22.04 LTS. CoreCtrl looks identical to the Windows Control panel and is already QT.

For me the only downside is both have broken fan control until re-enabled. This makes running F@H 24/7 untenable with the memory temp hitting 90c hotspot 80c. The only thing saving the card from melting down is the memory speed is capped at half speed ie 1250mhz vs 2500.

Atleast I managed to contribute 16 7900XTX/GRE work units under Linux for the Folding.Lars.Systems database through the Folding@HomeInTheDark v8beta webpage. All 3536 previous entrys were Window. Hopefully I'll be able to add more before F@H and AMD greenlight the switch to Rocm&HIP from OpenCL.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
        Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Shame that RDNA 3 is locked in terms of power cap. I'm hitting 339W (the maximum) on a 7900XTX playing Cyberpunk at 4K, and the temperature is 72C max, so it's quite power limited. If we could set it to 400W max from /sys or rocm-smi, the card would be just limited by thermals, and there's a lot of headroom there (I'm not getting 60fps with everything maxed no RT, which I should, at least if I was on Windows 11).

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I'll assume it's because they use KDE or some other non-GTK desktop environment because they don't like apps designed around the GNOME HIG with its headerbar fustercluck.
            GTK4 does not immediately mean headerbar and GNOME HIG. You can create a GTK4 app without headerbar or following GNOME guidelines. Libadawaita, on the other hand, is a cancer of the linux desktop and should be avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post

I have never once complained about a Qt app when using GTK. It really is not a big deal to use varying toolkits and I would make the same comment if it was inverted or using literally any other combination of anything in FOSS. I just happened to be looking at this thread right now.

Be thankful that there are people willing to spend time to open source their code and deal with people who complain about their free time being spent, or for corporate entities to contribute to open source projects.
              Yeah and it's obvious why too, Qt app actually integrate with GTK desktops.... In this instance there is only one direction to complain in.....

Comment

Ok, nice panel, but i dont csre about oc or curves. I care about all other fratures like chill, antilag, Fsr, freesync, fps range etc. i dont care about fan curves...

Comment

Working...
                X