Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 8.35.5 Driver -- Hello Catalyst Control Center Linux Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirsche View Post
    May be you could do --extract and after that delete "fireglcontrolpanel" folder. Than run building script.
    It's not a folder. There is a tar of the fglrx sources and it would then compile it from source, but that has all been removed in 8.35.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I installed the new ati drivers from my distro (frugalware).
      I cant get the control center to work:
      Code:
      mikko@frugalware:~$ amdcccle
      amdcccle: xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Asserzione `c->xlib.lock' fallita.
      Abortito
      same with root.. What should I do?
      Thanks

Comment

not true. the old panel sources are still there - gentoo ebuild still is able to compile it.

/common/usr/src/ati/fglrx_panel_sources.tgz - here they are (inside the makeself archive).

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
          not true. the old panel sources are still there - gentoo ebuild still is able to compile it.

/common/usr/src/ati/fglrx_panel_sources.tgz - here they are (inside the makeself archive).
          I was referring to the code segment in the Fedora scripts being removed where it extracts the sources and then compiles it and moves it into /usr/bin/

However, the panel sources is being removed in 8.36.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Anybody tried to install fglrx driver on latest slackware-current with modular X.org?
            I install the driver, compile the kernel module, but after aticonfig --initial X.org refuses to start, complaining about mismatching module requierements. Particulary it says fglrx module is compiled for 6.9.xx but 1.3.xx is found. Any souliutions?

Comment

xorg 7.2 and 7.3 are reporting xorg version 1.2 and 1.3 with X -version command

I imagine this is the source of the error. I'm not clear if this naming method will change or be altered to reflect the actual numbers, 7.2 and 7.3.

I imagine you can locate the detection in the installer scripts and hack the code to properly handle the xorg numbering.

Comment

Originally posted by gfxdrone View Post
                xorg 7.2 and 7.3 are reporting xorg version 1.2 and 1.3 with X -version command
                Code:
                X -version

X Window System Version 7.2.0
                Release Date: 22 January 2007
                X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.2
                On my frugalware. Maybe it shows 1.3.xx because it's still a RC? I also have slack current on my old P2 and I cant get 3d working with my matrox video card, dunno if this is the cause.

Comment

Yes, could be the rc issue, we're seeing that in the xorg packages stuck in debian experimental, they show 1.2.x, whereas X -version shows 7.1.x for sid

We'll see what happens with that naming once 7.2 comes into sid, not sure if it's the new naming method or not, hope not.

Re matrox, I'm assured that Matrox support simply sucks for Linux. Old, new, all sucks. New especially. Makes ATI look good, which is quite an achievement.
                  Last edited by gfxdrone; 01 April 2007, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by b15hop View Post
                    Oh you little beauty! I just tried then, I can now finally get back to X without having to reboot my system. Now to get rid of this Mesa crap...
                    Guess what Michael... The driver crashes when it's installed properly. When it says MESA as the OpenGL driver, switching from desktop / window manager to another tty and then back again works. Yet when the driver says: OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc. The driver doesn't want to switch. It will switch out but not back in again, just locks up the PC. A driver or two ago it used to just blank out the screen and not lock the system. So if I had music or skype running I could still talk just no screen. Oh well maybe next driver release.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I've been able to build the packages successfuly and got the following:

kernel-module-ATI-fglrx-2.6.20-1.2933.fc6-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
                      ATI-fglrx-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
                      ATI-fglrx-devel-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
                      ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
                      ATI-fglrx-IA32-libs-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm

Installing them in that order (using rpm -ivh xxx.rpm), I get an error when I try either of the last two rpms (control center or IA32):

error: Failed dependencies:
                      libstdc++.so.5 is needed by ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64
                      libstdc++.so.5(CXXABI_1.2) is needed by ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64
                      libstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2) is needed by ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64

Problem being, I've installed both the 32 bit and 64 bit compat-stdlibc++ libraries (the kernel was pretty specific in asking for 64 bit, then this one asked for 32 bit), but still get this issue.

Fedora 6, x86_64 on a core 2 duo with X1950 pro. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                      X